Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: CineTank Mk2

Most likely, yes. With 3s you won't have a lot of power and end up using a lot of throttle for basic manuverability and stability. With 4s you'll use much less throttle to stay in the air and (most likely) be more efficient. I can't say for sure because I'm not sure what exact motors you're using. Regardless, you can check it out for youself using http://www.ecalc.ch.
    -Matt: destroyer of gimbals, wrecker of frames.

My YT Channel --> youtube.com/user/mdbardeen
    Blog --> fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?38190-Vuela-Chile-Vuela!-The-ramblings-of-an-American-in-Chile

Quote Originally Posted by Chile Vuela View Post
    Most likely, yes. With 3s you won't have a lot of power and end up using a lot of throttle for basic manuverability and stability. With 4s you'll use much less throttle to stay in the air and (most likely) be more efficient. I can't say for sure because I'm not sure what exact motors you're using. Regardless, you can check it out for youself using http://www.ecalc.ch.
    There's probably a lot of parameters that affect this equation. Since I have 3s already I'll see where the quad hovers at. If it's anything much beyond 50% I'll look at getting some 4S

Thanks for the info.
    Steve.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgeX View Post
    Although I am not sure this is the appropriate place to post this, I wanted to help anyone looking for a way to mount a Tarot Gimbal on thier Cinetank MK2. Thanks entirely to correspondence and a prior post from @STI-REX (in which he showed this on another platform), as well as the absolutely AWESOME people (David) at Cinetank who sent me the detailed measurements of this section, I was able to design a mount meant to slide over the front 35mm standoffs. Once the Tarot mount was modified (holes tapped into the back of the roll gimbal motor), it is a rock solid mount, integrated into the frame. I am more than happy to share the files with anyone so they can 3d print it, or you can order it on Shapeways for their printing cost at: http://shpws.me/LdX1
    Attachment 69037Attachment 69038
    Happy Holidays,
    nice mount, would you mind posting a link to the file?

Cheers
    my videos : https://www.youtube.com/user/vstanman888/videos

Ditto. I'd also like this file, and possibly modify it for taller standoffs. Nice work!

Actually higher voltages and lower currents are more efficient in a DC circuit.

In general, but when you factor in lifting the weight of the battery required to produce the higher voltages and the weight of the motors required to take advantage of it, the situation isn't quite as clear. In the famous words of Heinlein, TANSTAAFL -- There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.
    -Matt: destroyer of gimbals, wrecker of frames.

My YT Channel --> youtube.com/user/mdbardeen
    Blog --> fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?38190-Vuela-Chile-Vuela!-The-ramblings-of-an-American-in-Chile

But 6S batteries are usually NOT heavier. In theory, for a given number of watts provided, a 6S battery should not weigh any more than a 3S or 4S of equivalent watts.

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeX View Post
    Although I am not sure this is the appropriate place to post this, I wanted to help anyone looking for a way to mount a Tarot Gimbal on thier Cinetank MK2. Thanks entirely to correspondence and a prior post from @STI-REX (in which he showed this on another platform), as well as the absolutely AWESOME people (David) at Cinetank who sent me the detailed measurements of this section, I was able to design a mount meant to slide over the front 35mm standoffs. Once the Tarot mount was modified (holes tapped into the back of the roll gimbal motor), it is a rock solid mount, integrated into the frame. I am more than happy to share the files with anyone so they can 3d print it, or you can order it on Shapeways for their printing cost at: http://shpws.me/LdX1
    Attachment 69037Attachment 69038
    Happy Holidays,

That looks really good I still rate the tarot as a cost effective gimbal to experiment with
    4 wheels moving body 2 wheels moving soul

Hello CineTank People,

There's probably a better place to post this, but I am looking for someone to rebuild my CT mkii. Does anyone know of anyone in the USA who builds quads professionally? I have some big rigs and I've built a couple of racing drones, but my hope is to have the CineTank built by someone who really know how to do it.

Thanks,

DirtEater

Update,

I am really amazed at the number of responses and offers of help I've had. As of right now, my problem has been solved by the nice people at Flying Cinema.

I want to sincerely thank all the folks who contacted me with generous offers of help and suggestions.

Bob