Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast

Thread: CineTank Mk2

Flying Cinema Dev Team Leviathan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billyd View Post
    Hi guys I just finished my cinetank mk2. It is a pretty basic setup because I wanted something I could just fly at a moment's notice. The only thing that's a little fancy is it uses the nerdcam 3d camera. But that's still a single 5.8g tx and rx (I am using dominator hd's with 5.8g module). But there's no gps, no telemetry nothing like that. I am using the RMRC dodo with Boris Betaflight firmware with luxfloat and the stock profile (with some minor tweaks to the P term for Pitch and roll). I also am using a normal range TSLRS receiver (even though this is a strictly short range animal I still like to use 433 mhz for rc control). I have plenty of room for a HD recorder cam just haven't done it yet. I have tons of video from my other setups, this one is strictly fpv and nothing else right now.

I've uploaded my 3d printed specialized mount for the nerdcam 3d and the cinetank Mk2 here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1123445

It's a blast to fly. With xoar 9x4.5 wooden props it is super quiet. I live near horses and they don't even get spooked by the quad it's so quiet and they are afraid of their own shadow. I am using 4sx3900 and get about 10-12 minutes depending on how hard I am on the throttle. Using tiger motor 2216's and 25a esc's with simonk (not using oneshot).

Here's a couple of pics of my setup:
    Super cool, how do you like the 3d? Does the signal come in and out the same for each eye?

Flying Cinema Dev Team Leviathan's Avatar

Crashed in a tree at the end
    Last edited by bllama; 12th November 2015 at 04:04 PM.

Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    Super cool, how do you like the 3d? Does the signal come in and out the same for each eye?
    Oh the 3d works great. Syncing is automatic and flawless. Actually most of my FPV setups use 3d I have a hard time with one camera and depth perception. It works great and is very simple to setup. You just need 3d capable goggles and the 3d camera. You can use your existing 2d transmitter and receiver since it uses either side by side or field sequential, both signals can be handled by a single standard AV transmitter. I really like the nerdcam 3d ....or emr labs 3d camera is excellent too. Actually I kind of like the emr labs picture quality a little better, but I wanted the nerdcam because it works with the dominator hd's (they won't work with the emr labs camera) and I wanted a super simple setup with no ground station (the hd's have the built in rx module).
    Last edited by billyd; 11th November 2015 at 09:39 PM.

I love it billyd!
    I only last week got my skyzone goggles, camera and transmitter delivered http://www.fpvmodel.com//skyzone-sky...gles_g857.html
    Building my Cinetank and fitting that kit is going to be my much anticipated winter project.

Keep us updated

Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by DRKX View Post
    I love it billyd!
    I only last week got my skyzone goggles, camera and transmitter delivered http://www.fpvmodel.com//skyzone-sky...gles_g857.html
    Building my Cinetank and fitting that kit is going to be my much anticipated winter project.

Keep us updated
    You're going to love it. Good luck with your build.

I have one built with Nerdcam3D as well. Used their carbon mount, but the holes didn't match on the Cinetank. So I just taped and ziptied it. It is not really protected though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447454577.832847.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	339.3 KB 
ID:	67930Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447454594.731286.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	354.1 KB 
ID:	67931Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447454606.549463.jpg 
Size:	325.5 KB 
ID:	67932
    | CW Aviation | TBS Discovery | Discovery PRO | Discovery PRO AerialMob | Gemini | Vendetta | G2 | Caipirinha | DJI S1000+ | Blackout Mini H | Hex | Alien 4" 5" 6" 7" | Helix 5" | Kraken 5R | FU-RC Kore | Sweepwings Runt | Flinch | Ritewing Zephyr XL | ZIII | Drak | Mini Drak | All Hardcores | Rite Spec | www.youtube.com/hizlimax |

Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizlimax View Post
    I have one built with Nerdcam3D as well. Used their carbon mount, but the holes didn't match on the Cinetank. So I just taped and ziptied it. It is not really protected though.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447454577.832847.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	339.3 KB 
ID:	67930Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447454594.731286.jpg 
Size:	354.1 KB 
ID:	67931Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447454606.549463.jpg 
Size:	325.5 KB 
ID:	67932

Cool. Is that the nerdsense osd board behind it? If so how do you like it... is the text readible in 3d?

I am thinking about ordering that board but haven't done it yet. It would be nice to have voltage and rssi on the goggles. I would modify my mount to stack them just like you've done there.

@billyd On the bench tests were good, but tbh I haven't flown with it yet. It is the only way to see voltage and current on this camera so it was a no brainer for me.
    | CW Aviation | TBS Discovery | Discovery PRO | Discovery PRO AerialMob | Gemini | Vendetta | G2 | Caipirinha | DJI S1000+ | Blackout Mini H | Hex | Alien 4" 5" 6" 7" | Helix 5" | Kraken 5R | FU-RC Kore | Sweepwings Runt | Flinch | Ritewing Zephyr XL | ZIII | Drak | Mini Drak | All Hardcores | Rite Spec | www.youtube.com/hizlimax |

Quote Originally Posted by Hizlimax View Post
    @billyd On the bench tests were good, but tbh I haven't flown with it yet. It is the only way to see voltage and current on this camera so it was a no brainer for me.

I cant wait to hear of the results!

Navigator

Cinetank Tarot Gimbal Mount

Although I am not sure this is the appropriate place to post this, I wanted to help anyone looking for a way to mount a Tarot Gimbal on thier Cinetank MK2. Thanks entirely to correspondence and a prior post from @STI-REX (in which he showed this on another platform), as well as the absolutely AWESOME people (David) at Cinetank who sent me the detailed measurements of this section, I was able to design a mount meant to slide over the front 35mm standoffs. Once the Tarot mount was modified (holes tapped into the back of the roll gimbal motor), it is a rock solid mount, integrated into the frame. I am more than happy to share the files with anyone so they can 3d print it, or you can order it on Shapeways for their printing cost at: http://shpws.me/LdX1

Name:	IMG_4009.JPG 
Views:	281 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	69037Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4006.JPG 
Views:	252 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	69038
    Happy Holidays,