Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: CineTank Mk2

Quote Originally Posted by TheBender View Post
    Just crashed the hell out of my Tank... broke both upper plates and one arm. Have extra arms, have never broken the plates. Was a V1 with V2 middle plate (top dirty plate). Just ordered new plates, D please let me know if I ordered wrong... thanks... Bender.
    Hey, sorry about that you have an MK2 right? if you do I will send you the 2 MK2 plates. that must have been a hard crash

I get people to do stuff. TheBender's Avatar
    I hit 3 trees... it was awesome!

I was wrong... top plate says Cinetank MKI. I just have the open hull top dirty plate like the MKII... but what I broke was the top 2 plate which are MkI.

Thanks!
    If you are not trying to fit through an opening that is just too tight, you are not FPVing.
    NEFPV^

Not a problem, will send you MK1 plates.

post the video!

I get people to do stuff. TheBender's Avatar
    Just finished reviewing... DId not record because card ejected. Hate that. I got some footage with a Mobius first... it is in this video towards end. One crash that was not bad only a prop. But then I flew again and crashed hard.

Flying gaps at the farm...
    If you are not trying to fit through an opening that is just too tight, you are not FPVing.
    NEFPV^

Flying Cinema Dev Team
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBender View Post
    I hit 3 trees... it was awesome!
    Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by AeroMaestro View Post
    I'm on vacation in Maine this week and took my baby out for its first over-water flights. (Video coming very soon.)
    I figured if the quad goes down in the lake, I'm out most of my electronics, but I'll be darned if I'm going to let my precious CT frame sink to the bottom. So I made some "water wings" for my CT out of a pool noodle and some zipties. (The pool noodle material cuts very easily with just a steak knife!)
    Attachment 65621

I took it out for a quick test-flight before I headed for open waters. I feared at first that the bulk around the arms would be very detrimental to the props' airflow, but they turned out to make a very small difference. After flying 9 batteries, I'd say I lost maybe 10-15% efficiency. And actually, the floats seem to help mitigate the vortex ring, since they break up the airflow. So descents were a little bit more stable! Also, the sound of the props so near to the foam makes a pretty throaty roar.
    Well, here's the previously promised video made with these floats on my CineTank.

Flying Cinema Dev Team Leviathan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroMaestro View Post
    Well, here's the previously promised video made with these floats on my CineTank.
    Nice work. Great video

Nice video. Did you have to also land on that little dock?

Here is a recent video of mine following some rallycross drivers with my Cinetank. I need more practice and probably need to do a bit more tweaking. It was a lot of fun though.

youtube.com/user/brightspectrum1

Flying Cinema Dev Team Leviathan's Avatar
    Great videos guys, here is my weekend contribution.

https://youtu.be/-SsK-5_YEO8

Pilot
    Hi guys I just finished my cinetank mk2. It is a pretty basic setup because I wanted something I could just fly at a moment's notice. The only thing that's a little fancy is it uses the nerdcam 3d camera. But that's still a single 5.8g tx and rx (I am using dominator hd's with 5.8g module). But there's no gps, no telemetry nothing like that. I am using the RMRC dodo with Boris Betaflight firmware (spracingf3) with luxfloat and the stock profile (with some minor tweaks to the P term for Pitch and roll). I also am using a normal range TSLRS receiver (even though this is a strictly short range animal I still like to use 433 mhz for rc control). I have plenty of room for a HD recorder cam just haven't done it yet. I have tons of video from my other setups, this one is strictly fpv and nothing else right now.

I've uploaded my 3d printed specialized mount for the nerdcam 3d and the cinetank Mk2 here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1123445

It's a blast to fly. With xoar 9x4.5 wooden props it is super quiet. I live near horses and they don't even get spooked by the quad it's so quiet and they are afraid of their own shadow. I am using 4sx3900 and get about 10-12 minutes depending on how hard I am on the throttle. Using tiger motor 2216's and 25a esc's with simonk (not using oneshot).

Here's a couple of pics of my setup:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00253.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	243.7 KB 
ID:	67860   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00252.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	271.9 KB 
ID:	67861  
    Last edited by billyd; 11th November 2015 at 09:37 PM.