Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help flying

Forum Member

Angry Help flying

Hello FPV world, I just got into this Hobby and I'm having a hard time figure some stuff out. For example, I'm use to flying a DJI F550 for a Naza M and GPS, and now I want to get into Mini 250MM quad fpv racing. I'm not good with programming, but managed to get my mini Lumenier 250 mini quad flying. I haven't attached my FPV gear on yet, because I'm trying to figure out how to fly this thing. I'm having a really hard time stabilizing it. The minute I turn it on and take off the thing flies all over the place, I feel like it's not balanced or something is there anything I can do?

Help!

Forum Member
    Jimmyguns, I'm not directing this at you so don't take offense.

I honestly don't know how to help these guys! I learned this hobby from reading, reading and reading before I even spent a dime so when I was in the situation where I finally bought something, I knew everything about it and never had any questions. How does one help someone in this situation?
    -Chris
    www.youtube.com/user/criccio

[QUOTE=Zeeflyboy;562833]If it all ends badly this time, I'm quitting FPV and RC and taking up golf.[/QUOTE]

Forum Member
    Your right Chris, I got my self in this situation and I'm trying to figure it out now. I'm open to any articles you care to share with me?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyguns View Post
    Hello FPV world, I just got into this Hobby and I'm having a hard time figure some stuff out. For example, I'm use to flying a DJI F550 for a Naza M and GPS, and now I want to get into Mini 250MM quad fpv racing. I'm not good with programming, but managed to get my mini Lumenier 250 mini quad flying. I haven't attached my FPV gear on yet, because I'm trying to figure out how to fly this thing. I'm having a really hard time stabilizing it. The minute I turn it on and take off the thing flies all over the place, I feel like it's not balanced or something is there anything I can do?

Help!
    I am new to this forum but will try to help a little.

First is you didn't give enough information to even guess if its a hardware or skill level problem.

If its a skill issues fly the hell out of the 550 until you have a real good feel for control. Use the GPS home when you need a little help but use ATTI mode until that fells really good, then give manual mode a try. Build skill level with a bird that you know will fly. If its skill you need to walk before you can run (or race). Book knowledge is good, but "feel" is just as important.

If its not skill, give the details of the build, get some video of what its doing, and and close up picture of it. Give people a place to start for ideas that will help.

Now a different thought criccio I like you tag line. Today after I went through all my batteries (flying a DJI/Naza-m/GPS) I went to play golf while the batteries were recharging and it ended well both times.

Bill

Forum Member
    Thanks Bill, I really don't know my guess would be a skill problem. When I try to take off, it leans towards the back where the battery is, and when I finally get it in the air it drifts in so many directions. I just want to know, does this happen with everyone, is this type of flying one that has to have us always adjusting control? What I'm trying to say is, once it's in the air, does it stay still, or is it always trying to fly in any direction? My guess is if it's flying in a secretin direction, it's cause there's more weight on that side. I know I probably bit more than I can chew, but I can't stop know. I really want to start flying like all these furs on YouTube with there qav250, but I need help though bad and fast. Any more input anyone can share with I me would be much appreciated.

Forum Member
    You didn't say what flight controller you are using and what modes your using, but this sounds normal of something that is tail heavy and the flight controller doesn't have a lot of stability control.

try flying the 550 in manual mode which turns off all the stability - you have to control everything. When you can fly that way you are then ready to take on the 250.

Forum Member
    I'm using the Lumenier CC3D nano. I'm also ok with practicing with the QAV250, but I just want to make sure my stuf is put togeather well. And if it is, how do I ballance my quad?

Forum Member
    You can balance your quad by picking it up where the FC is mounted (mid-craft). Pinch it there and see if it tips forwards or backwards. Apply weight on the opposite side of the tip until it remains balanced..

The CC3D is completely different than the Naza. It's much more manual. You will have to spend lots of time fiddling with the controls to keep it in the same spot. Practice hovering over one single spot.. you'll find that you'll quickly get the hang of the basic controls. Once you get that down, move on to "walking the dog", i.e. flying the quad in a circle around yourself, always keeping your body toward the quad. After that, figure-8's.. Don't worry about crashing, you will do that tons!

Good luck!

Forum Member
    Chile, thank you for the input, this helps a lot. Can I ask one more question, is the Naza easer to fly than the CC3D? Also can I do the cool stuff with the Naza, like all these people doing these FPV races using CC3D?

Forum Member
    The Naza is easier to fly, but it comes at a cost.. it just won't be as fast or as manuverable as the CC3D.

Put your time in with your CC3D, start with "Attitude" mode, that's the stability mode. Once you get the hang of that, move on to Rattitude or Rate mode. You'll be flying FPV races and doing flips and loops in no time.