Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: vector setup issue- RTH using throttle failsafe

vector setup issue- RTH using throttle failsafe

Hi guys

Reading and re-reading the instructions to no avail.
    I tried to set up RTH with a throttle failsafe (assuming that means when i turn off the radio) but I keep getting the error that I need at least 5% difference in throttle values. I've tried the RX wizard about a dozen times now and still can't get it working. Failsafe shows active if my throttle stick is at zero- ie I need to have throttle on in order for it not to engage RTH. I tried adjusting the trim on the throttle so that when the stick is at zero, failsafe is disabled- but if I turn the radio off, failsafe does not kick in. Regardless off settings, failsafe is always active at zero throttle with the radio on- is this normal?

I've managed to get RTH on the mode switch but that means if I fly out of receiver range, I can't activate RTH, so that's pointless except for RTH testing.

Can someone please help me with this. I've been stuck for a while now and am close to punching the computer. What further information do I need to provide that may be of help? Running 9X with er9x.

Thanks
    Last edited by Radius; 9th November 2014 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks to ssb2005 for the support. It was a case of changing throttle trim during the RX wizard.
    RTH won't engage when the radio is switched off so I will try setting the fail safe built in to the frsky rx

***edit***
    set throttle end point to 0%, set failsafe on the rx and hey presto.
    Last edited by Radius; 9th November 2014 at 09:35 PM.

Navigator
    Hi ssb2005, I'm having Similar problems as radius. Can you share this fix?

Firstthin thing is to set FS on your receiver.

The reason that the vector program may have a problem with throttle failsafe not engaging, is that it needs to detect a 5% change between 0 throttle and radio off. By adjusting the trim up a bit during rx wizard (the step before turning off the radio) you trick the program into thinking there is a 5% difference as normally there would only be maybe 2-3%, that was my case anyway.

I'm pretty sure that was the order in which i did it and made it work

Or you could use the failsafe built into your radio gear...

I run EZUHF, I set flight mode to RTH, I go through 'set failsafe' process via the EZUHF tx module. Done.

My fix that was shared by someone in another forum was to set the throttle trim all the way down, set the failsafe on the RX (Speky), return trim to 0, then rerun rx wizard on the Vector. Works like a charm now. Have not had the cahones to test radio off in flight yet though. I've got some new cf arms and props en route though. May have to test that when those arrive in case of any mishaps!

Quote Originally Posted by SKT View Post
    Or you could use the failsafe built into your radio gear...

I run EZUHF, I set flight mode to RTH, I go through 'set failsafe' process via the EZUHF tx module. Done.
    Yup, Pretty EZ !!!

Navigator
    Hi, folks.

I was able to program the RTH on my Vector via the mode switch as well as the throttle on my Taranis. If I flick the switch or turn off the radio, the RTH engages.

I now switched to a Taranis Plus and for some reason, I couldn't set it successfully. I set my trims all the way down, the press the F/S button on my X8R and get the confirmation (2 green blinks). Then I set the throttle trim back to normal then run the RX Wizard but at the end, it tells me there isn't at least 5% difference in the throttle settings. Worse, I can't program this on my old Taranis either.

Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Navigator
    Hi again.

I tried once again to run the RX Analysis Wizard and here are what I observed:

1. When I pull the throttle trim all the way down, it only registers -2% in the RX Analysis Wizard screen.
    2. When I set the throttle trim to its center position, it registers 0% in the RX Analysis Wizard screen.

This probably explains why I don't get at least 5% difference when the Taranis is off and when it's on with the throttle set to zero. Now the question is, how come I don't get to lower than 2% when I set the throttle trim all the way down?

Navigator
    Hello,

I would suggest creating a new model in your TX to ensure there are no mixes etc causing an issue. You can also connect a servo to the throttle channel on your RX and move the throttle to see if your throttle is not moving the servo as it should.

Regards, John