FPVLAB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FPV'ers going to SEFF

FPV'ers going to SEFF

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1581079

Looks like there may be some opportunity for FPV at SEFF this year. Anyone going?

RicVaughn just posted there will be designated times during the event for FPV flights

FPV flights IAW AMA rules? Is so - FAIL. LOL
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Yeah lol, FPV'n while staying in LOS and on a buddy box and blah blah blah blah.
    FPV is not a crime!

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

Times are changing, I think it is a positive sign that these big event's directors are at least taking our needs into consideration.

I still don't feel that "just anyone" should be flying FPV at these events. This is even more risky than deep urban bc people will be uncovered. Experienced guys - sure, go for it. Guys on 2.4 - FORGET IT. You can't tell when a dork (or 50) in a tent nearby pops on their 2.4 transmitters to "test" a servo for an upcoming event or something. There are lots of things to consider with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by SENTRY View Post
    I still don't feel that "just anyone" should be flying FPV at these events. This is even more risky than deep urban bc people will be uncovered. Experienced guys - sure, go for it. Guys on 2.4 - FORGET IT. You can't tell when a dork (or 50) in a tent nearby pops on their 2.4 transmitters to "test" a servo for an upcoming event or something. There are lots of things to consider with this one.
    +100. If you consider this event dont even think of 2.4 for video... and i'm sure there'll probably be at least one noob that wants to show off his fpv rig at seff, complete with a spektrum rc link. I just dont see this ending well at all. Pessimism or realism, you make the call.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure; than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    I'd want to go actually. We need 4 FPV pilots there. 2 to fly and 2 on the buddy box. We'll keep it LOS - Laser combat I got a module all soldered up and tested last night. We can do a live show right out in front of everyone dog fighting the way they all dream about. The buddy box guys act as Co-pilots to keep the combat in close and keep track of the planes so there is lots of action going on. It would be nice to have some wireless viewing screens as well to pass around for the live feed. I guarantee you will have a crowd for this. Of course we could do streamer combat too, but that requires a tractor prop...

Just my $.02

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

I wouldn't want to do laser combat w/out putting some hours on your design. A LOT is on the line when you do that at an event like SEFF w/ a crowd watching. It would also prob be better if you combat a pilot who you have went through some laser combat before with your product.

Streamer combat is much more realistic.

2.4 for video? Forget it.

People who don't have the BEST video/control link?? FORGET IT!

If anyone decides to do this - you are representing every other FPV pilot in the world - don't forget that. 1000 people looking at substandard video does NOT help our cause. So if you guys do it - then make sure you have PERFECTED control, your thumbs, and your video quality.

I bet a dvd playing HD video of previous flights would help the onlookers get over the standard video on the googles. I have faith in IB's designs. It all has to start somewhere, I remember using rubber band escapements for rudder only control, ah the day..........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast