SurveilZone.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: first stock test starlight night camera cc1564

Navigator
    No worries maximus, I'm just a lazy bugger who would rather copy settings, you know how it is . I'll keep an eye out on bruce's settings. I don't know what half of the menu items mean on this camera!

Navigator
    Subscribed!

Quote Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post
    No worries maximus, I'm just a lazy bugger who would rather copy settings, you know how it is . I'll keep an eye out on bruce's settings. I don't know what half of the menu items mean on this camera!
    Sorry I got confused with which thread I was in. Bruce is busy reviewing the Effio-V, not the night cam.

Navigator
    Turns out there's not much you can change in the camera. I set the DNR to manual and turned it down, otherwise the input lag is too much. There is noticeable lag and noise at night.

I have 2x10W LEDs shining forward so I figured I'd use them and just force colour on the camera. Turned out pretty good. I think it's the best I can expect from this. I wish there were more settings to change.

Yup with the silly blue hue around the edge and blurry laggy sensor overall I found the camera to be pretty crap...In BW mode its ok if you want to fly in absolute darkness but if there is even a small amount of light the PZ cams look way better

Navigator
    You can reduce much of the blurriness and lagginess by turning the DNR to manual and setting the value to zero. But then there's still the noise to deal with. If there were more settings we could turn more post processing off, get a less laggy picture.

Gonna do more tests during the day. I'm not overly concerned about having a beautiful image but from what little I've flown it doesn't do WDR very well in transitions between sun and shade.

I feel like it's definitely better at night than the usual PZ0420 and effio-v though.

Navigator
    I agree with you, it is better than PZ Effio-V and any other cameras for night fly

Navigator
    Guys, does this camera have any noticable lag? Could you please do a test with some stopwatch on your pc screen and make some photos of the pc screen and some fast fpv screen showing the stopwatch? Many thanks

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by walkeer View Post
    Guys, does this camera have any noticable lag? Could you please do a test with some stopwatch on your pc screen and make some photos of the pc screen and some fast fpv screen showing the stopwatch? Many thanks
    No lag for this camera. By now, only effio-v has lag.

Navigator
    Unfortunately, that's not been my experience. This camera has a noticeable amount of lag in the dark, when all the post-processing kicks in to "clean up" the image to make it more palatable. I switched everything to off or as low as I could, and there was still enough lag that fast night flying was not an option. Unfortunately there aren't many options to tinker with. It IS really bright at night, though. So you can do slow stuff just fine.

During the day it's fine, your regular funny coloured IR-sensitive CCD.

If anyone has settings I can use for night time use that doesn't lag, I'm all ears.