FPVLAB

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: 1st Cockpit Ground Station build

Kelly

It's great to here a voice that sounds local. Down under speaks different. but you knowd DAT AY....... lol. All good here and great to here from you, dry and getting hot, 36 today and that's the way i like it. Because i can fly anytime.. No snow, no 6 months rain, no idiots (except for me) HaHa.

You don't have to have the best of everything to enjoy flying mate, Because it's all about the passion and making do with what we can afford to do. If i had the cash i would be going crazy stuff. It's great to mount some fpv gear on a junker and do some circuits Just because you can. I'm sure you know what i mean.

What's the family business?

My family has a pest control company that specializes in bees...well, hymenoptera. 90% of our work is with yellow jackets, hornets, & wasps. We do a little bit with bees when needed. As you can see, I've been gone for years. Sorry about that. Got caught up in life. I work at the family business & I was also the tech director at a church for 5 years. So was basically working 2 jobs. Stepped down last year. Wife also had a baby. My son Parker is 5 now (OMG ). Things got crazy, I had no time, & pretty much did nothing but work. Now life has slowed down a bit. My dad actually bought me a hexacopter (Typhoon H). He wanted to see if I could use it to inspect chimney tops. LOL We'll see how that goes, but I got a new toy out of the deal so hey. I was a noobie before, & pretty much forgot everything I learned, so it's back to square one. It's amazing how the hobby has progressed like a snowball down a hill. Are you still flying? I still have all my gear. I gotta blow the dust off though. This new hexacopter is kinda it's own all-in-one system so it's nice to at least get back out there & fly. I've been reading a lot of the old threads like this one so we'll see how getting back up & running goes. Hope all is well.
    Volantex Raptor v1
    Blade Nano qx FPV
    Hoverthings VC-450 camo frame with DJI NAZA M v1 (no GPS)

RMRC-600xv flight camera & Mobius HD recording camera on tilt gimbal & RMRC 1.3GHz 300mW vtx
    RMRC vrx with upgraded SAW filter, 1.3GHz optimized 8dBi patch antenna, Lumenier DX600 dvr, & Skyzone goggles
    Turnigy 9xr radio connected to Saitek x52 joystick & throttle set with EZuhf & 8 channel diversity reciever, or DX7s/DX5e

Kelly, I hope that all goes well with progressing back into the groove. Mine never let off and has taken a few different turns but still going strong. Whatever your plan is, just enjoy it wherever it takes you.
    KF7TSE

youtube.com/channel/UCzoOpmJK8_WOlBl65sZAfGw
    vimeo.com/airtruksrus/videos

Airtruksrus Cockpit Ground Station Systems.
    Open for business
    Always under revision to make it better.

Thanks Scott. I've picked up a few accessories for the new bird. A couple of extra batteries, a better antenna, & some goggles. The range on this thing says a mile, but with the new antenna 2-3 miles. The goggles are different from my older ones. This thing uses wifi to send HD video back to the controller. The goggles have a 720p picture. A lot better than before, but you don't have the range. Still, for a copter I think it's fine.

I can't believe how much things have changed. With all the new FAA rules are you still able to fly your planes out to distance or do you have to keep it close? I know some of the guys were going 10-20-30+ miles out.
    Volantex Raptor v1
    Blade Nano qx FPV
    Hoverthings VC-450 camo frame with DJI NAZA M v1 (no GPS)

RMRC-600xv flight camera & Mobius HD recording camera on tilt gimbal & RMRC 1.3GHz 300mW vtx
    RMRC vrx with upgraded SAW filter, 1.3GHz optimized 8dBi patch antenna, Lumenier DX600 dvr, & Skyzone goggles
    Turnigy 9xr radio connected to Saitek x52 joystick & throttle set with EZuhf & 8 channel diversity reciever, or DX7s/DX5e

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031