Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DJI Phantom Vision connection help

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    If it operates the rc on 2.4ghz then you might be ok with it BUT , we or anyone else don't yet know how the proprietary DJI video system works yet as it's not been released yet.
    My guess is that DJI will have made it not compatible with anything BUT their own products.
    I believe it has the DJI Lightbridge HD Digital video tx built in to it , so that will only work directly with the Lightbridge Ground Rx , The DomHD's can be connected through that , but you will still need to purchase other products to get it to work
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
    If it operates the rc on 2.4ghz then you might be ok with it BUT , we or anyone else don't yet know how the proprietary DJI video system works yet as it's not been released yet.
    My guess is that DJI will have made it not compatible with anything BUT their own products.
    I believe it has the DJI Lightbridge HD Digital video tx built in to it , so that will only work directly with the Lightbridge Ground Rx , The DomHD's can be connected through that , but you will still need to purchase other products to get it to work
    I asked DJI if the DomHD would work with it and they said they don't know. But maybe they will bring out their own goggles. Here are the specs http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/spec

I read that some people are using the epson goggles with success. http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/j...art-glasses.do

Here is an informative review on the Inspire One with images and video taken by the Inspire One http://visual-aerials.com/dji-inspire-1.html
    They say that the additional controller is slaved to the original controller and when in operation the additional controller's joysticks and controls are dedicated to controlling the camera.

They also have a very informative review of the Epson Moverio BT 200 glasses/goggles. http://visual-aerials.com/epson-moverio-glasses.html

I wonder how this would affect the orientation of the pilot in FPV. In the Vision plus, the camera faces, more or less forward, but in the Inspire, it can swivel 360 degrees, and I would think this would be very disorienting to the pilot whether he, or the photographer was taking pictures.

Not sure I get the value of the 360 degree. Why not just rotate the craft? I rarely see the props or gear in my Vision plus unless I make a really dramatic move.

Also see that DJI is claiming a flight altitude 4500m!! This would be around 15,000 feet! Did I read this wrong?? That is a little less than 3 miles straight up! This would seem beyond the controller range. I took my Vision plus up 532 feet and it lost connection, descended and regained connection. However, I am close to airport flight paths and maybe this was the reason (?)

Anyhow, I am eagerly awaiting getting my hands on the Inspire One! Sometime between December 1st and 15th.
    Last edited by Cadillac; 16th November 2014 at 11:11 AM.

Navigator
    If there is an hdmi out and you get goggles with an hdmi in you should be good, I am doing a straight hdmi connection with the zeiss. I am waiting on DomHD's which have an hdmi in also so they should work (btw I have a PV2+)

shoping for fatshark dominator HDs

Nubie looking or some help.

just got a phantom 2 vision for christmas and would like to get the fatshark dominator HDs to fly it (I've seen some reviews online and for the price, I'm sold). will they work with what I have? What else do I need?

I want to be able to drive out to a deserted area (just happen to have one nearby), take out my gear and beach chair and practice flying. I've been playing around with micro heli's for years and wanto to get good at FPV.

So the christmas present has the following list on the box and I'm not sure if it will meet my needs or if I have to exchange it for the right equipment.

Phantom 2 Vision
    - Extend and share your views
    Low latency live preview on mobile phones
    Remote controlled capture via mobile phones
    Phone tilt contorlled camera angle
    Album Snch and social network sharing
    - Brand new flying experiences
    FPV flying using your mobile phone
    On screen display of flight parameters
    Capture and record during flight
    Intelligent flight battery and enhanced flight time (25 min)
    Triple safe feature
    - Phantom 2 Vision
    5.8 GHz remote controller (w/mobile phone holder)
    Intelligent flight battery and charger
    Wi-fi range extender (Li-Po battery and USB charging wire incl.)
    Spare props and other accessories

What kind of range can I get? will basic equipment get me a mile or 2?

I'd like to go out and by the equipment I need, but just don't know exactly what it is. Any input would be very much appreciated.

Hi, we're a group in Brighton, East Sussex, England that used to fly gliders and planes but have recently gone into multi rotors, initially into 250 racing quads mainly but just obtained a DJI Phantom 2 Vision + for photography purposes. As we already use FPV with the racing drones, we wanted the same capability from the PV2+ and on professional advise, we obtained a Fatshark Dominator V2 goggles and tried to connecti if via micro usb output from the mobile phone (Nokia Ashe) via cable to micro hdmi input of the DomV2 goggles. That didnt work, told phone's usb output was not MHL compatible. So we got a Polatab android tablet with a hdmi output to connect directly from the mini hdmi output from the tablet to the micro hdmi input of the DomV2 goggles. Unfortunately we are still not getting any feed. However when the goggles is connected directly to my laptop's hdmi output, the set up works. Thats frustratingly annoying!

Can someone please advise us on where we are going wrong and if it is the tablet, phone device that is the issue, can someone who has a working set up please let us know exactly what you are using i.e. what mobile phone and cables etc so that we can get the exact same outfit instead of keep spending a growing fortune experimenting with various options. My desk is now covered with two different tables, three types of phones, adaptors and numerous cables!

Thanks

jake with greetings from Sussex!

Quote Originally Posted by BrightonDroneGroup View Post
    Hi, we're a group in Brighton, East Sussex, England that used to fly gliders and planes but have recently gone into multi rotors, initially into 250 racing quads mainly but just obtained a DJI Phantom 2 Vision + for photography purposes. As we already use FPV with the racing drones, we wanted the same capability from the PV2+ and on professional advise, we obtained a Fatshark Dominator V2 goggles and tried to connecti if via micro usb output from the mobile phone (Nokia Ashe) via cable to micro hdmi input of the DomV2 goggles. That didnt work, told phone's usb output was not MHL compatible. So we got a Polatab android tablet with a hdmi output to connect directly from the mini hdmi output from the tablet to the micro hdmi input of the DomV2 goggles. Unfortunately we are still not getting any feed. However when the goggles is connected directly to my laptop's hdmi output, the set up works. Thats frustratingly annoying!

Can someone please advise us on where we are going wrong and if it is the tablet, phone device that is the issue, can someone who has a working set up please let us know exactly what you are using i.e. what mobile phone and cables etc so that we can get the exact same outfit instead of keep spending a growing fortune experimenting with various options. My desk is now covered with two different tables, three types of phones, adaptors and numerous cables!

Thanks

jake with greetings from Sussex!
    I'm in the same boat as you. The digital feed from my Ipad doesn't work with the glasses. I purchased these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Composi...-/221714263260 They convert the digital of the ipad to analog that can be put in the analog side of the glasses. This device needs an external power source. The coverter chip had been made for years and is cheap. I don't know why Fat Shark would put such a tempermental chip in their glasses. The really bad part about all this is that there doesn't seem to be any warranty on these glasses.

It's not temperamental , it requires 480p HDMI , if your phone can't deliver that , how is it the goggles fault.

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
    It's not temperamental , it requires 480p HDMI , if your phone can't deliver that , how is it the goggles fault.
    I answered you on the other post.

This vid shows the goggles working with an Iphone 5. I corresponded with the person who made this video. He did nothing to his phone's video output, and it works. Apple products don't output HDMI in resolutions as low as 480p. If what you say is true, then Fat Shark should tell everyone that these goggles won't work with Apple products.

Page 6 of the manual says nothing specific about the resolution that is required. This is a copy from Fat Shark's site: http://www.fatshark.com/product/1722.html. Again there is nothing mentioned about the relatively low HDMI resolution that you say these goggles require.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie9859901 View Post
    I answered you on the other post.

This vid shows the goggles working with an Iphone 5. I corresponded with the person who made this video. He did nothing to his phone's video output, and it works. Apple products don't output HDMI in resolutions as low as 480p. If what you say is true, then Fat Shark should tell everyone that these goggles won't work with Apple products.

Page 6 of the manual says nothing specific about the resolution that is required. This is a copy from Fat Shark's site: http://www.fatshark.com/product/1722.html. Again there is nothing mentioned about the relatively low HDMI resolution that you say these goggles require.

If you will look at page 10 of the manual under specifications , you will see it under HDMI ........... so it is mentioned in the manual , you just didn't look hard enough before running off with accusations.
    1061-DOMV2-Manual-RevD.pdf

O.K. my bad!! But we are getting somewhere. If anyone's HDMI source can't supply an HDMI resolution as low as 720X480, then these goggles are not for you. You'd think that Fat Shark would put that info in plain site. I don't think that very many shoppers would think to look at page 10 of the instruction manual, when they were shopping for goggles.