Page 305 of 405 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 4043

Thread: MWOSD - for BETAFLIGHT CLEANFLIGHT RACEFLIGHT PIXHAWK KISS DRONIN INAV and others

Forum Member
    There is a chance testing on the bench will show erratic behaviour. Primarily because your at home set position and GPS data fluctuates and drifts with sats. I have seen this with other well-known OSD when I first started out.
    I wouldn’t be too worried about it on the bench…
    [COLOR=#3e3e3e]*** Still flying up my own arse ***[/COLOR]

Forum Member
    Teralift,

That makes good sense. I did do a test flight before bed last night. I had my DVR recording the flight and I was flying LOS just to review the OSD once I landed. Unfortunately, I forgot my long range ground station was on and my 5.8ghz repeater swamped out the footage as soon as the plane got airborne. Lol. I will try it again this evening. I will report back here if you and Shikra are curious of my results.
    Soon after I posted, I realized it couldn't have been rebooting as you said, it does not show the startup screen.
    One more question if you don't mind, I have enabled map mode 2. There is a small number of 100 at the top center of my OSD screen. Is that the aproximate diameter of the map or "radar"? If it is, can I change that value?
    Once agian, thank you Teralift and Shikra for you invaluable help!

Ken
    Feet on the ground... Head in the clouds.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyprmtr View Post
    One more question if you don't mind, I have enabled map mode 2. There is a small number of 100 at the top center of my OSD screen. Is that the aproximate diameter of the map or "radar"? If it is, can I change that value?
    Ken
    Approx. diameter of the map, range, scale, whatever you call it

It is implemented as a special character (or symbol we call it).
    The current MWOSD has symbols for 100, 500, 2500, MAX.

How do you want to change it?

Forum Member
    Ok, so, will the scaling change say if I fly out of the current figure? It shows 100 now. If I fly out to 300m will it automatically change to 500?

Ken

Forum Member
    Ok, so, will the scaling change say if I fly out of the current figure? It shows 100 now. If I fly out to 300m will it automatically change to 500?

Ken
    Yeap.

Actually, it should switch to 500 as soon as your "current position" goes out of the map area, in all directions.

Tell us if it doesn't

Forum Member
    Ok. Great!

I will. Hopefully this evening I will get a flight or two in.

Ken

Forum Member
    Good luck. I flew with map mode last night.
    Must admit I never look at the range although see it autorange as distance gets further.

That single arrow pointer home and voltage is most valuable to me.... I had some really bad intereference at one point. Couldn't recognise teh scenery - teh horizon and arrow home could just be made out to enable me to recover about 30 secs later.
    [COLOR=#3e3e3e]*** Still flying up my own arse ***[/COLOR]

Forum Member
    Ah yes, the arrow and map modes are very important to me for that reason alone. I'm probably spoiled with a grand OSD from flying the ET Vector on my other planes.
    I have this Minimosd in a small 1.5m powered sailplane. I'm excited to finally have altitude display also, even though it's only GPS alt.

Ken

Forum Member
    Hello,

I was able to get a few short flights in this evening. Everything worked well and the summary screen worked as it should. A few seconds after landing it displayed the summary screen. I'm very pleased.
    The only thing I noticed was it take some time to "zero out" the altitude. Even with plenty of sats, I got tired of waiting so I launch when the OSD altitude read 30 meters. Once I landed after the flight it did read 30 meters. I suppose once it reads zero on the altitude launch as quick as you can to have a accurate altitude reading? Or you can do math while your flying too if your so inclined to. I was able to launch when the altitude read 10 meters on one flight. It made for and easy calculation.
    Would it be possible to add HDOP into the firmware? I had plenty of sats like I said but, my HDOP could have been high. Or it could be something totally different.
    Last edited by Hyprmtr; 12th September 2016 at 09:35 AM.

Forum Member
    Hello,

I was able to get a few short flights in this evening. Everything worked well and the summary screen worked as it should. A few seconds after landing it displayed the summary screen. I'm very pleased.
    Beautiful flight!

The only thing I noticed was it take some time to "zero out" the altitude. Even with plenty of sats, I got tired of waiting so I launch when the OSD altitude read 30 meters. Once I landed after the flight it did read 30 meters. I suppose once it reads zero on the altitude launch as quick as you can to have a accurate altitude reading? Or you can do math while your flying too if your so inclined to. I was able to launch when the altitude read 10 meters on one flight. It made for and easy calculation.
    I believe the altitude in GPSOSD mode directly reflects what GPS is telling us. So, the slow convergence is up to the GPS unit itself.

Would it be possible to add HDOP into the firmware? I had plenty of sats like I said but, my HDOP could have been high. Or it could be something totally different.
    HDOP ... why don't you submit a feature request? It won't be there unless you request it!!!

Page 305 of 405 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355 ... LastLast