Page 381 of 405 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 4041

Thread: MWOSD - for BETAFLIGHT CLEANFLIGHT RACEFLIGHT PIXHAWK KISS DRONIN INAV and others

Navigator
    I can confirm that my issues stem from a faulty (or busted by me) GPS, Shikra kindly sent me a replacement that works a treat. Got myself another two OSD's and GPS's for other planes.

Thanks and great service/support!

Pilot
    Cheers Wayno
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    I can confirm that my issues stem from a faulty (or busted by me) GPS, Shikra kindly sent me a replacement that works a treat. Got myself another two OSD's and GPS's for other planes.

Thanks and great service/support!
    *** Still flying up my own arse ***

Pilot
    R1.7.4 released this morning. Recommended updated for GPSOSD users

Significant changes for this patch release:-
    * OSD - GPSOSD – Auto re-calibrate home and altitude whilst waiting launch
    * OSD - GPSOSD – Improved accuracy for home location setting
    * OSD - GPSOSD – Improved accuracy for home altitude setting
    * OSD - GPSOSD – Amended config.h - more options available
    * OSD - GPSOSD – Improved startup status indication
    * OSD - Support for Holybro PDB
    * OSD - MASKGPSLOCATION - display with major digits masked "XXX.DDDDDDD" still find missing aircraft
    * BUG - MAVLINK incorrect distance calculation

Full releases: https://github.com/ShikOfTheRa/scarab-osd/wiki/Features
    Beta test: https://github.com/ShikOfTheRa/scara...ures-beta-test

Navigator
    OK, I've been beating my head against my keyboard for a couple hours now trying to set up my first micro minimOSD. I want to use it standalone to just show vbatt and timer on an FPV backpack setup. I made two changes to config.h, I defined micro minimosd and no controller, and commented out the default options.

OSD came from Ready To Fly Quads
    Arduino 1.8.5
    OSD firmware 1.7, downloaded through Github
    Chrome app 1.7
    Win10 64 bit
    Sparkfun FTDI basic

I cleared the EEPROM, then I loaded MWOSD 1.7 through Arduino with no problems. Green LED is flashing rapidly, not solid. When I try to open in the Chrome app, it's stuck on connecting. I've tried both 57,600 and 115,200. The app shows "connecting", but never actually gets connected...it just sits there and mocks me. Right now, nothing is connected to OSD other than the FTDI. The FTDI worked with the firmware upload process through Arduino just fine, TX/RX pins connected correctly, it's supplying ~5v. No LEDs flashing on FTDI, blue LED on and green LED flashing on OSD. COM port is correct, selected in Chrome app & verified in Windows device manager.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks,
    Mark
    Last edited by Fyathyrio; 31st December 2017 at 04:39 AM.

Navigator
    Have you ever been able to connect to the board via the Chrome app? If so that would eliminate any driver issues either actual drivers or settings as being a problem.

What is the baudrate set to in config.h? (~line 158) I have a GPS antenna connected to OSD that defaults to 9600 so I had to set the baudrate in config.h to 9600 as well as the console speed in the Aurdiuno IDE to 9600 and finally the Chrome config app had to be set to 9600. If I do not have the baudrate set correctly I get that Waiting message.

I'm using the OSX Chrome app so my driver might look a little different but in the port ID it says /devtty.SLAB_USBtoUART. The checkbox is unchecked and the baudrate is set to 9600. (My OSD has a built in USB port - https://www.getfpv.com/lumenier-dlux...n-display.html)

When its up and running I get a solid green light on the OSD board.

Hang in there. If I got the code recompiled and uploaded and running from OSX - Windows should be a breeze!

Navigator
    Thanks for replying. The Chrome app is where I'm having the issue, when I tell it to connect I get a connecting message, but it never does. All baud rates in config.h serial link section are commented out, so default 115200 should work in theory. There appears to be a section in Arduino code telling greeen LED to flash at 1khz, I'm guessing as a way to tell if code uploaded or not. I don't think it's a driver issue, if Arduino can talk to it, then the Chrome app should too, right? Driver says is most current, baud rate set to 115200 in driver details...

Navigator
    Its been a while since I tried to use MWOSD on a Pixhawk system. A few months back, I had some issues seeing all the flight modes being displayed and having it use baro alt instead of gps alt. I wonder if these issues have been resolved now?

Navigator
    Grabbed ver 1.5, was able to both read, config, and write my settings with the old style configurator. So, appears there may some issue between new config app and my computer...any suggestions on what to check?

Oh, and is there any way to get the DISARMMED off the display since I don't have a controller connected? Or, will that not show once I have a camera hooked up?

Thanks again,
    Mark

Pilot
    If can flash from arduino, shoudl also be able to flash form GUI - does this work?

I just tried following and worked for me:
    Load following then flashed from GUI: version 1.7.4.0 / minimim / standalone / default
    Connected with GUI or the com port (def 115k baud)
    Selected "standalone" in all three TX positions
    Clicked write to OSD and this gives me just timer and voltage

Quote Originally Posted by Fyathyrio View Post
    OK, I've been beating my head against my keyboard for a couple hours now trying to set up my first micro minimOSD. I want to use it standalone to just show vbatt and timer on an FPV backpack setup. I made two changes to config.h, I defined micro minimosd and no controller, and commented out the default options.

OSD came from Ready To Fly Quads
    Arduino 1.8.5
    OSD firmware 1.7, downloaded through Github
    Chrome app 1.7
    Win10 64 bit
    Sparkfun FTDI basic

I cleared the EEPROM, then I loaded MWOSD 1.7 through Arduino with no problems. Green LED is flashing rapidly, not solid. When I try to open in the Chrome app, it's stuck on connecting. I've tried both 57,600 and 115,200. The app shows "connecting", but never actually gets connected...it just sits there and mocks me. Right now, nothing is connected to OSD other than the FTDI. The FTDI worked with the firmware upload process through Arduino just fine, TX/RX pins connected correctly, it's supplying ~5v. No LEDs flashing on FTDI, blue LED on and green LED flashing on OSD. COM port is correct, selected in Chrome app & verified in Windows device manager.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks,
    Mark

Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyathyrio View Post
    Grabbed ver 1.5, was able to both read, config, and write my settings with the old style configurator. So, appears there may some issue between new config app and my computer...any suggestions on what to check?

Oh, and is there any way to get the DISARMMED off the display since I don't have a controller connected? Or, will that not show once I have a camera hooked up?

Thanks again,
    Mark
    Hi yes - in 1.6/1.7 set armed status in GUI to disabled. (This is already set in the GUI standalone preset)

Page 381 of 405 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391 ... LastLast