Page 357 of 405 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 4041

Thread: MWOSD - for BETAFLIGHT CLEANFLIGHT RACEFLIGHT PIXHAWK KISS DRONIN INAV and others

Navigator
    mwosd is connected to fc via uart 2. Yes when I select use FC it just reads amps as 0.0 indefinitely. If I unhook uart cable it reads value between 14 and 15. According to others post about the holybro osd you have to read amps from the fc to show on osd. I have the amp sense wire hooked to pin 7 of IO_2 on the sp racing f3. Inside cleanflight gui it shows all proper voltage and amp readings.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by CW4R View Post
    Wayno,
    Thanks for the update... I believe it is. Right now it's around 240+. Is your voltage and amperage correct and if so, how did you manage to fix?

Ben
    There are two things, first in MWOSD configurator check the 'use flight controller' box for voltage and current. That's all that needs doing for the OSD.

The rest is calibrating the pixhawk. You need to make sure you calibrate in mission planner by selecting 'other' in the current sensor tab. (I've never found the preconfigured options to work for me) Calibrating voltage is easy with a volt meter, the current is a bit more of a faff.

Apologies if you already know all of the above.

Navigator

Hex flashing, Config.h ??

Hi, I was wondering about using the new GUI and Hex firmware files to update the Micro-MinimOSD to be used with Betaflight 3.1.7, what about the config.h file !
    i usually set CALLSIGNALWAYS, CANVAS_SUPPORT, ALT_CENTER, FORCECROSSHAIR, AIRMODE 30 (which was not showing onscreen with latest build even if enabled, i will test with build 1.7.1.1 tonight)

I guess i should still use the Arduino upload method in my case, or is there a way to set the config.h parameters with the Hex files flashing method which i may have missed ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Rogero; 7th June 2017 at 06:36 AM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    There are two things, first in MWOSD configurator check the 'use flight controller' box for voltage and current. That's all that needs doing for the OSD.

The rest is calibrating the pixhawk. You need to make sure you calibrate in mission planner by selecting 'other' in the current sensor tab. (I've never found the preconfigured options to work for me) Calibrating voltage is easy with a volt meter, the current is a bit more of a faff.

Apologies if you already know all of the above.
    I tried that and no luck.. The volts fluctuate too much and the amps doesn't move at all. It changes when adjusted through the calibration but doesn't move up when amps applied with power.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortnStubby View Post
    Thank you, I tried pretty much everything and tons of google searching, my hardware is as follows holybro pdb osd 1.2 and a sp racing f3. the voltage I have working by flashing the aeromax hardware setting, using minimosd just sets voltage to 16.3 but this could be that aeromax reads voltage from the pdb and minim reads from fc? I have not dug though code to try and figure out how this all interfaces. The amps how ever if I leave uart unplugged I get reading somewhere in 14-15 ish range never moves then plug uart in and reset, it reads 0.0 which is why I assumed it as just trying to query a bad variable.

Thanks again, great work.
    ShortnStubby

Running the same as you with inav on the controller, voltage and amps are off and don't change also. Wondering what the aeromax flash is? And do you have a solution?

Thanks

Navigator
    I was trying to figure out if MWOSD is able to show the PID-values while flying like the betaflight osd does
    I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be possible to show the PIDs on the screen while flying. this would be very handy when tuning with the aux channels, makes tuning much easier and faster.
    if it's not already supported, is there any plans to implement it in future versions ?
    Thanks @Shikra for all the time and efforts you put into MWOSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Diverwa View Post
    ShortnStubby

Running the same as you with inav on the controller, voltage and amps are off and don't change also. Wondering what the aeromax flash is? And do you have a solution?

Thanks
    Sorted, been a while since I set up a holybro and sp3. On the holybro the volts and current are independent of the osd on the board not integrated. Must use the vbat and current pads and run them through the flight controller. By the way mwosd 1.7 rocks, gui is fantastic.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Diverwa View Post
    Sorted, been a while since I set up a holybro and sp3. On the holybro the volts and current are independent of the osd on the board not integrated. Must use the vbat and current pads and run them through the flight controller. By the way mwosd 1.7 rocks, gui is fantastic.
    so you got amps working without having to select use osd inside of cleanflight?

Pilot
    @Wayno
    @CW4R

For APM/PIXHAWK home altitude setting...

Can one of you try new hex (Listed under TEST section in chrome GUI) or code direct from repository.

Currently resets altitude and home first time it is armed with enough sats.
    *** Still flying up my own arse ***

Pilot
    Is teh voltage / current sensor connected directly to the APM - or OSD. If it is APM must enable "use FC" in both "Main voltage" and "Amperage" tabs in GUI
    Quote Originally Posted by CW4R View Post
    To include volts and amperage don't display correctly. The volts fluctuate and the amps don't move when I apply amperage to the motors.
    *** Still flying up my own arse ***

Page 357 of 405 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367 ... LastLast