Page 397 of 405 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 4041

Thread: MWOSD - for BETAFLIGHT CLEANFLIGHT RACEFLIGHT PIXHAWK KISS DRONIN INAV and others

Navigator
    I'm seeking help with some MWOS Layout problem.
    Hardware: Mavlink OSD (original Software as delivered Arducam 2.0)
    FC: SP Racing F3 Evo with GPS, INAV (UART 1, MSP, 155k)

First cleared the eeprom, uploaded MWOSD 1.8.1 (with registered CT). I can connect and configure the OSD, write to OSD is ok (s.start screen picture 1) But connecting the FC, Runcam2 camera the flight monitor shows correctly my config but additionally some strange random information like e.g. hor. bar with 'kmh' letters (s.picture 2). Re-uploaded charsets, no change. Ground is ok.

Another question: how to use this tx-low, tx-med, tx-high thing. Couldn't find any description in wiki or faq. I need one simple layout only, no switchable layouts.
    TIA!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MWOSD_2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	78671Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MWOSD_1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	78672

Navigator
    Read all around this thread last night, trying to make my setup work. I'm setting up as a standalone OSD to display main voltage, PWM RSSI (EzUHF), callsign, and GPS info.

-MicroOSD v2.3 from Airbot
    -BN880 GPS

Everything except GPS seems fine.

GPS on screen will not aquire any sats or a position fix. I've tried my two BN-880 units. I've played with Baud rate changes using UCenter. In fact, ucenter is showing excellent acquire and position fixes when I connect the GPS through the UART converter.

I've swapped TX/RX serial wires for a sanity check. I'v also tried both the "standalone" and "gpsosd" firmwares for the microminim targets. I have not setup an arduino to flash a custom firmware configuration. Is that necessary, or is the configurator sufficient at this point?

I'm looking for any advice or to be pointed to a more detailed guide on the gps standalone setup that is current for 1.8.1 or 1.8.3. Thanks for a great little piece of tech! I look forward to using it in it's entirety.

Pilot
    @SoloSquirrel

First - need to be using the correct firmware - R1.8 onwards is recommended and from firmware flasher choose variant=gpsosd, type = ublox. Standalone is for no gps - but really I think I need a better name for it...

Then as long as OSD tx connected to GPS rx, and OSD rx connected to GPS tx, it should work.
    OSD attempts to to autoconfigure GPS with settings needed.

One thing to note... GPS must be connected to OSD and powered up together otehrwise the GPS will not get setup data from OSD - i.e. powering up OSD, then connecting GPS to test / verify doesn't work...

Arduino isn't needed unless you want to configure any settings away from defaults.

If don't have any luck I'll put up some debug for you.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by shikra View Post
    Arduino isn't needed unless you want to configure any settings away from defaults.
    Thanks for the help! I found a broken serial wire between my GPS and OSD. Fixing that helped immensely. But then I found the voltage monitor was not changing in flight. My solution was to use the arduino software to comment in the Airbot setting in the firmware before flash. Now Everything works great!

Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloSquirrel View Post
    Thanks for the help!
    Glad to help. Many that looks some great scenery and place to fly.

For the voltage – on some hardware (some of the micro osd), the vbat 1 and vbat2 labelling are reversed – so quick fix is just to move the wire �� – its only easy when you know!

Not sure what version you are running but you need to update the fonts – doesn’t . Definitely recommend 1.8/1.9 for GPS.
    *** Still flying up my own arse ***

Pilot
    Hi all – as this forum seems to have become somewhat quiet in all sections I will shortly be creating a thread on RC Groups as a new home for support. For those that don’t use RCG I’ll still check in from time to time.

Never in a million years would I have expected over half a million views of this thread .
    Unbelievable and a real pleasure to see for what started out as a few changes for a small group of FPV fliers.
    Thanks all for the support interaction - and a clean thread with very little bitching. I haven't had to do any moderation at all.

It’s also interesting to see how the user base is changing – with the introduction of embedded OSD in many of the flight controllers this is impacting the number of users of betaflight/iNav etc, but equally seeing considerable growth in ardupilot / gps only. Google analytics provide me with some fascinating data. Here are some stats for info:
    - Over 5200 firmware images were flashed in the last month.
    - Betaflight is still the most dominant with iNAV as #2
    - Coming from near zero 12 months ago closing in on 20% of installs. Ardupilot is likely to overtake iNav at current rate of change
    - GPS OSD only is also now showing as more popular - 5% of users, but again its a significant growth in last 12 months.

This feels like a goodbye message - it's certainly not!! Development will continue for MWOSD – although probably at a reduced pace in future due to most functionality now being in place and the amount of processing capability with the minim OSD.

Cheers,
    Gary

It's sad that everything is so quiet here but it's understandable to move the thread. Impresive downloads numbers and great work on your side for supporting this project for such a long time

Navigator
    Gary, have you seen the OSD implementation within Ardupilot for boards like the Matek 405 Wing. The OSD itself looks like MWOSD but they dont yet have a GUI for setting up the OSD.

Is it worth you working with the ardupilot devs to combine your GUI? or maybe im late to it all and you already are?

I was just trying to setup a iNav build with the new Matek F411, and it wouldn't arm. With MW OSD firmware, it would usually tell you when it was armed, or why it couldn't arm, but it seems the iNav devs have gotten rid of that functionality. What a disappointment; now I'm left searching for reasons something doesn't arm because it won't tell me why.

Pilot
    Hi Wayne – yep seen it but not tried yet. But I might have a play soon.
    It’s probably easier for the right guy to add into Mission Planner. I think the MWOSD stuff is just to far off to be of value. Easier to start from scratch.

To be honest if plane was big enough I’d probably just use a minim OSD in short term until there is something easier to work with to configure it. Am sure it will get there one day - the guys are does great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    Gary, have you seen the OSD implementation within Ardupilot for boards like the Matek 405 Wing. The OSD itself looks like MWOSD but they dont yet have a GUI for setting up the OSD.

Is it worth you working with the ardupilot devs to combine your GUI? or maybe im late to it all and you already are?

Page 397 of 405 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399 ... LastLast