Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominator HD : no HDMI image ?

Navigator
    After having no luck with micro HDMI cables from brand name companies I bought an adapter from a Chinese ebay seller, for $1.50, shipped to my door. It took three weeks to get here but it works!!

I can now watch 3d vimeo and youtube videos. I love these goggles!!

Just goes to show that despite the best intentions with standards not all connectors are created equal.

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    Sure does go to show the cables are not all equal , I've made this thread a stick so others with issues can see its not the goggles at issue here.
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Navigator
    Can someone please post one or more HDMI adapters that are confirmed to work with the DOM HDs? I just tried my DOM HD via the HDMI port and could get no image at all on the goggles. I tried two sources--my PC and my Galaxy Note 4. Neither worked.

My guess is, from this post, that the adapter somehow not compatible with the goggles. I'd really like to see a list of compatible adapters.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanwvu View Post
    Can someone please post one or more HDMI adapters that are confirmed to work with the DOM HDs? I just tried my DOM HD via the HDMI port and could get no image at all on the goggles. I tried two sources--my PC and my Galaxy Note 4. Neither worked.

My guess is, from this post, that the adapter somehow not compatible with the goggles. I'd really like to see a list of compatible adapters.
    Hi, I am trying a brand new pair of HD's with the same problem. I was using a cable that works with my Gopro4 and a number of other devices. I've only been able to get my media player to sync on a few screens, when I play a movie it goes blank. I've also tried other sources without luck.

If anyone can post the cable they are using that works, it would be most appreciated.

Navigator
    I ordered the IOGear cable listed a few posts back. I'll see if that works with my laptop.

I still need an adapter though, in order to get my DomHDs to work with my phone--a HDMI A to HDMI D adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanwvu View Post

See post#17, that's the cable brand that worked for me after trying 2 others (can't remember others, returned them). Don't have any others that work to list here sorry. Suggest you buy local so you can return it easy if it doesn't work and not get them shipped via the internet.

edit: if you live in Canada / West Coast, I found the I/O gear at London Drugs
    Last edited by Black Top; 8th January 2015 at 10:34 PM.

Navigator
    I can confirm that this one does not work with the Dom HDs:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Navigator
    I tried the staples brand micro HDMI cable with no luck and also the 'blue rigger' from amazon (very high reviews) and no go either. These cables work perfect with the rest of my gear.

Where can we buy the IoGear cable in the US?

Navigator
    I got the bluerigger cable from Amazon today. It works great with my win8 desktop and mb air laptop. The trick is that you have to set the resolution to 800x600 and refresh rate to 60. I had to use the catalyst control center.

Navigator
    I'm not sure.. all I know is it's under 400ft

DOMHD 3D HDMI adapter

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth4 View Post
    After having no luck with micro HDMI cables from brand name companies I bought an adapter from a Chinese ebay seller, for $1.50, shipped to my door. It took three weeks to get here but it works!!

I can now watch 3d vimeo and youtube videos. I love these goggles!!

Just goes to show that despite the best intentions with standards not all connectors are created equal.
    Can you give us a link to the EBay seller and the adapter description? Glad to see 3D being supported by Fat Shark... for FPV up close it's the only way to go when done right IMO. And movies like Avatar and Prometheus in 3D are in their own class on a big screen that increases the depth so the larger FOV of the DOMHD's will be put to good use.