Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominator HD : no HDMI image ?

Navigator

Only one laptop....

I would really like to get the HDMI connected to my laptop...

It does recognize the HDMI connection, laptop screen flashes and the second monitor shows up but no video shows on HDMI 2d on the dominators.

I have tried dropping the screen resolution but no change.

How do I get this set up?

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    If you have that part working , do you see your desktop background in your goggles?
    If you do , but no video , you might have to grab the video player with your mouse and drag it to the right(of the screen edge) to drag it onto the goggles as the second monitor , this is how it works on mine (win 7).
    If you drag it over to the goggles then click on it to make it full screen , your gold
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Hey, Same thing for me over here with Dom HDs, screen is only black with HDMI. Other parts of the googles look amazing.

I've tried it on both PC (Win8) and MAC(10.8). Both computers recognize it and switch screens but the Dom HDs are just black. I've tried both mirrored and not, same result. I can see it's 720, won't let me change it to anything else. Also confirmed input HDMI 2D and have flipped the switch for input vs. RF module.

I'm using a straight HDMI to micro-HDMI cable, which cost $30 waaaaay too much!?

Sounds like others are having issues with HDMI from computer to Dom HDs?

Let me give you and example of a recent repair ticket we had ...........
    Guy tried 3 different computers and tried 2 different brand / type of HDMI leads.........he swore blind they where defective...... repair centre got them , plugged them in with his known good lead to his pc ........worked straight away ....
    They where sent back to the customer WITH the repair centres lead (he bought it) and the guy tried yet another different computer (at work or something) and it worked straight away for him.
    Went home and none of his laptops would work...............so it just goes to show that not all computers/gadgets are created equal or compliant ..
    We have YET to see a confirmed case of a faulty HDMI in the goggles .........

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

OK, but I am testing this on 2 x Apple MBPs and these are pretty compliant and standard with HDMI. Never had an issue. Not saying it's the goggles specifically yet, but it is rare that a computer will recognize a device through HDMI and not display on it. As a next step I will go find another HDMI cable to rule this out but as for computers I've tried it on 2 x macs and 1 x PC with no luck, so that has to be telling something.

Would have been awesome to include a proven mini HDMI adapter in the box for the price of these HDs...

Most importantly they are working for FPV! The HDMI part is just a bonus for me...I'll work on it and see how it goes.

Navigator
    Still not working....
    I tried an adapter to plug an hdmi cable into my iPhone 5. The cable and adapter both work on other monitors, not on my goggles.
    Have now tried:
    -iPhone hdmi (Apple's own adapter) iPhone shown that a monitor is connected
    -two different PCs, both out put to other monitors
    -two different cables

The Apple device should be bullet proof, plug and play... It is on every other device

I do get video on the AV in with a cable but if have to push it in hard. That is likely the cable though

If both PCs and the iPhone detect a device but nothing shows on the goggles when HDMI 2d is selected what do I try next?

I DO NOT want to send these back to Hobby King!!!

I tried several cables, this one finally worked from IO gear

I hope this helps you.

Navigator
    Also tried my GoPro
    No luck
    That's 4 devices that output on other monitors....

Navigator
    I'll try another cable....
    I'm familiar with finicky micro USB cables, but I thought that HDMI cables would be reliable.
    Seeing as the cable works with other devices is there a way to test the function of the googles?
    Analog in works, no RF receiver installed yet, perhaps I'll try the DVR function next.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth4 View Post
    I'll try another cable....
    I'm familiar with finicky micro USB cables, but I thought that HDMI cables would be reliable.
    Seeing as the cable works with other devices is there a way to test the function of the googles?
    Analog in works, no RF receiver installed yet, perhaps I'll try the DVR function next.
    If you still have no luck , start up a ticket support@fatshark.com and we can get them sent to a repair centre for a check -up