Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominator HD : no HDMI image ?

Navigator

Dominator HD : no HDMI image ?

Today I tried first time to get a HDMI signal into my beloved DOM HDs. Source is a laptop with HDMI port. The laptop is seeing a device being attached to HDMI (800x600 VGA as one would expect), but for the love of god I can't get an image in the DOMs. Tried everything - clicking thru all in sources - attach HDMI after HDMI 2D in is selected - turning internal source on / off. Tested the whole laptop -> cable setup with TV, no problem, I get 1280 in there.
    No way I see an image in the DOMs
    Am I missing a trick or this is a dead HDMI in port ?

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    just got some HDMI cables to test this out myself , results as follows.

DOM v2 : connect to your computer and power goggles, it will recognise goggles as another monitor. (nothing on goggles yet).
    go to display properties and select the other monitor (goggles) and change resolution to 640x480. save.
    disconnect goggles then reconnect (computer will remember your settings for the goggles) , and it works well did for me .

Dom Hd : plug into computer and power up , computer recognises , down press the cont/bright button to cycle through the different display modes
    till you hit HDMI 2D ( or 3D if your watching 3D movie or 3D on youtube ).....and your working
    If doesnt work , go to display properties and make sure you are on 720 for the 2nd monitor (goggles)

A note on cables . one cable that I bought , wasn't working or loosing it occasionally... turns out the micro end that plus into the goggles was loose , fixed by gently squashing the end to tighten up the connection when plugged in , and now its good to go.
    Just goes to show , tolerances on different cables are not all the same

On another note ... make sure you have the rx power switch in the right spot , or you will get a red tint to any HDMI input in the goggles .

Hope this helps any out there having issues connecting to HDMI on a PC .
    Connecting to other devices will also be related to the settings in the device .
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Navigator
    Glad to hear it works for you - no dice for me however. Computer does NOT recognise goggles at all. Since HDMI is challenge/response based I get the dark
    feeling something is wrong with my DOMs

Navigator
    After further extensive testing I can now categorically rule out a problem other than my Dominator HD being deaf on the HDMI port.
    Being an IT guy I used two computers, a laptop, two different cables, two TV sets and other funny devices - nada

What are my options now ?

On a side note this will be my third Fatshark goggles with a defect in the last few years but I intend to stay your loyal customer
    It's just so royally annyoing to have to endure the wait again ..

So without powering the goggles , when you plug in the HDMI into the goggles from the computer , the computer doesn't make the sound that it found a new device at all ? Or the computer screen doesn't go blank for a sec as the graphics recognises a new display device ?

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Navigator
    No, computers do not recognise any new device being plugged in
    No, computers do not realize that a new display device is available

No difference whether goggles are powered or not

Navigator
    Rather quiet here - still chinese holiday ?

No holidays , Best start up a ticket support@fatshark.com and we will get them to a repair centre for a check up then.

Navigator
    Just to close this case:
    Sent my HDs to the UK repair centre (excellent service from them BTW...) and have them check it. They found no problem and returned them to me - with a HDMI cable that they used for testing. Tried again, this time on a third laptop (!) - and bamm, worked just fine.
    Conclusion ? Not all PCs/laptops are the same ;-)

Was following this ticket to see the results , definitely just goes to show not all laptops/pc's are created equal alright
    Glad things worked out for you mate , now you can enjoy some 3D movies too !!