Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The new AIMDROIX EVO ONE frame

Forum Member
    Yep- what the man said up there.

I am spinning 12 and 11's on 3508-29-380kv's with 6S- it has to lift a few things. Like 2 different gimbals- one a gopro and the other a canon sx260 for mapping (I am building that gimbal now for it)

I think the 500 suggested up there is good- but so many variables play into the build and I cannot stress enough how much front end math and planning I did on my previous craft that ran these motors to get what I wanted.

Basically- check weight specs and make a list- the first thing is to try and establish what the estimated real world AUW will be. It isn't as hard as it is tedious- all parts usually have that listed in the specs. Add everything up- get that number and then see what demands are and match motor/esc/battery to those expectations. That is how I approach large multirotor building- begin with weight and use/needs.
    dirty side down.....o~^o

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiway View Post
    Yep- what the man said up there.

I am spinning 12 and 11's on 3508-29-380kv's with 6S- it has to lift a few things. Like 2 different gimbals- one a gopro and the other a canon sx260 for mapping (I am building that gimbal now for it)

I think the 500 suggested up there is good- but so many variables play into the build and I cannot stress enough how much front end math and planning I did on my previous craft that ran these motors to get what I wanted.

Basically- check weight specs and make a list- the first thing is to try and establish what the estimated real world AUW will be. It isn't as hard as it is tedious- all parts usually have that listed in the specs. Add everything up- get that number and then see what demands are and match motor/esc/battery to those expectations. That is how I approach large multirotor building- begin with weight and use/needs.

I totally agree.

Forum Member
    Let me know if there are any questions- I am going this down into many installments as I go. I find it extremely easy to follow the instructions so I doubt anyone would ever have a single question once they have parts in front of them and the manual open.
    Nice vid Hiway. It must have take you a lot of time to get that done, thanks for your support. .

Forum Member
    Thanks MAYMIDROIX I will be carrying front and rear GoPro with FatShark, figured i'd go with the 4s. Also a more technical question, my motor wires always run short on these long armed frames, the KV 500's I am planning to order are no exception. Common sense tells me to extend with bullet connectors from the motors to the ESC instead of from the ESC to the PDB. What gauge wire would you guys use? I can't remember.
    Thanks
    Liam

Forum Member
    And then silence��������

Forum Member
    Hi Guys, I try my best to keep up with all the tasks that are required to keep everything going plus I work full time as engineer in a car company. Sorry for my delays but I never respond later than 2 bussiness days. I hope you guys can understand.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    Thanks MAYMIDROIX I will be carrying front and rear GoPro with FatShark, figured i'd go with the 4s. Also a more technical question, my motor wires always run short on these long armed frames, the KV 500's I am planning to order are no exception. Common sense tells me to extend with bullet connectors from the motors to the ESC instead of from the ESC to the PDB. What gauge wire would you guys use? I can't remember.
    Thanks
    Liam
    I recommend removing the bullet connectors as this will remove a possible point of failure. You should use the same wire size of the esc so I'm not sure what will be wire size of the esc that you'll be using but a 14awg should be ok.

Forum Member

Thanks

Thanks for the tech support, I will be posting pics shortly

Forum Member
    Yes Liam; I am also becoming frustrated. Very sporadic communication is developing.
    I just responded to your Facebook message.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    Thanks for the tech support, I will be posting pics shortly
    Awesome. I'm anxious to see how it will come up.