Thread: UNO 5800 advantage over goggles receiver?

Navigator

UNO 5800 advantage over goggles receiver?

I have a UNO5800V2 receiver (with a 8Ē monitor) that works perfect, but now I also have a new set of Dominators V2 with a 5.8 integrated receiver. I donít see myself wanting to go back to using a monitor for FPV, so Iím probably going to sell it. Since my goggles have its own receiver - I have never tried using the UNO5800 with my goggles. Is there any reason that I should keep the UNO receiver? Are there any advantages in using the UNO receiver versus the goggles receiver?

[Flight Box]Low Class FPV slowjet's Avatar
    Mostly becuase you can locate it away from you or high up on a pole. Gets the antenna out of the fresional zone giving it better reception. In the winter you can position your antenna outside of your car while you fly from the toasty car. Or if you want to feed a big tv? Also if you want to record your flights. I dont know if the Dom v2's have a video out to send to a dvr? If you don't see yourself doing any of this than maybe you wont see a benefit.
    [Flight Box] - Watch, Cry, Subscribe.
    youtube.com/jnacoustic

NEFPV^

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    Yeah they do , but it has the built in DVR already too
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

I have a ground station backpack. It has a screen in it. There have been two incidents when I needed to remove the goggles and use the screen. One the battery died on the goggle and the other Im not sure what it was (maybe a cable issue?). Thats another reason to want to use the uno. But for park bashing who cares right? The goggles w/ RX are pretty convenient. My cinemizers don't have that option
    youtube.com/jnacoustic

NEFPV^

Navigator
    Thank you for the replys. I can't see any of those reasons that would make me want to hang onto the UNO, especially since I can sell the monitor and the UNO together.
    I also didn't know if the UNO could do a better job of reception - whatever that could be??

That may be a factor. If you have a "nextwave" rx in the dominators then it would be pretty good. I think the sensitivity rating should be the same as the uno v2 but in practicality the dom rx is probably slightly less sensitive due to its proximity to your head and other objects. If you are going to sell your uno V2 I might be interested in it. Pm me if you decide to.

Good luck
    youtube.com/jnacoustic

NEFPV^