Thread: Naze32 Remote tuning ???

Forum Member

Naze32 Remote tuning ???

Hello guys,

Is there any way to adjust the PID or other values by assigning to them to a slider on the radio similar to how you can do it with the cc3d and the naza ?
    Are there any options for inflight tuning ?

Thanks

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdurant View Post
    Hello guys,

Is there any way to adjust the PID or other values by assigning to them to a slider on the radio similar to how you can do it with the cc3d and the naza ?
    Are there any options for inflight tuning ?

Thanks
    Not that I've been able to find. I use a bluetooth module myself. Works great for me.

Forum Member
    Hi, thanks for your response, is this the hardware that i need ?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ADHH624DX2Q66

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=AFBMYHRQ9KU5H

do i need any special cables etc ?

thanks

Forum Member
    I personally don't like using sliders on my radio for tuning because I can't see the actual values being changed. AFAIK, naze32 doesn't have TxPID feature like CC3D.

Commonly used are bluetooth module using Multwii EZ-GUI apps on your android phone. If you've purchased a bluetooth ttl module off ebay, high chance that you'd need to change the baudrate yourself. you can get a P&P from whitespy, rctimer, MRSS.
    OR you could tune naze using Minimosd loaded with KVT or MWI fw - even bettar!
    youtube/hadriez

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hadriez View Post
    I personally don't like using sliders on my radio for tuning because I can't see the actual values being changed. AFAIK, naze32 doesn't have TxPID feature like CC3D.

Commonly used are bluetooth module using Multwii EZ-GUI apps on your android phone. If you've purchased a bluetooth ttl module off ebay, high chance that you'd need to change the baudrate yourself. you can get a P&P from whitespy, rctimer, MRSS.
    OR you could tune naze using Minimosd loaded with KVT or MWI fw - even bettar!

hey man, thanks for the info. I will get the unit from whitespy. Can you confirm that that is all I would need to purchase hardware wise ?

Thanks

Forum Member
    getting a bluetooth or minimosd?
    if you are going with a bluetooth, then yes you need an android capable phone. I've personally tested with note 3, note 2 and S5. not sure of others but it "should" work.
    have a look how i DIYed mine

if you are going with a minimosd, then you'd need FTDI to program/flash it to kvteam or multwii fw.

Hope this helps
    youtube/hadriez

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hadriez View Post
    getting a bluetooth or minimosd?
    if you are going with a bluetooth, then yes you need an android capable phone. I've personally tested with note 3, note 2 and S5. not sure of others but it "should" work.
    have a look how i DIYed mine

if you are going with a minimosd, then you'd need FTDI to program/flash it to kvteam or multwii fw.

Hope this helps
    I am going with bluetooth as that seems more straight forward. The guys have android phones so thats not a prob. I have an iPhone so i am the odd man out... I ended up buying the 2 items from amazon that i have above because i need to get it urgently and there is a lead time with whit espy. Based on what i see its the same unit - i will just have to work on getting the baud rate up...which should not be too hard i hope...

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdurant View Post
    I am going with bluetooth as that seems more straight forward. The guys have android phones so thats not a prob. I have an iPhone so i am the odd man out... I ended up buying the 2 items from amazon that i have above because i need to get it urgently and there is a lead time with whit espy. Based on what i see its the same unit - i will just have to work on getting the baud rate up...which should not be too hard i hope...
    For what it's worth, I've used both bluetooth with various Android phones & tablets, and the sticks on my Taranis TX via KV OSD running on a Minim OSD board. With all the other bits hanging off my Naze32, I decided to simplify things, and dropped the bluetooth module. Tweaking PID values is pretty easy using the sticks on your TX and KV OSD...no sliders needed.

Both work fine, it's really a matter of your set up, and what works best for you.