FPVLAB

Thread: GS power supply advice

Navigator

GS power supply advice

Hi guys,
    After a bit of help with my ground station,
    I am setting up my GS with the usual odds and sods.
    Recorder splitter goggles output and a 15.5 inch screen
    I need 5.5 volts supply,for goggles, a 12 volt supply for recorder, splitter a couple of other things, eagle eyes is set up on tripod with antennas,so that is no prob, as I have a 3 cell for tracker and EE,
    But my problem is my screen needs 19 volts to operate, sooo the question is what is the best way to do this. I was thinking of useing 5 cell lipo to power the screen, a ubec to get 5.5 and a ubec to get 12 volt from the one battery, 2x5000 Am I on the rite track or is there a better way??
    Your ideas reall needed!!
    Neal.

Navigator
    Any one ????

Who I am^^ Stuff I Say>> Reverand Blue Chip's Avatar
    Honestly - it may be cheaper to use a different screen. By the time you get done buying BEC's and new batteries - you could get a TV that runs off of 12v.

I am sorting through my GS now as well. I have a 6000mah 3S that runs the tracker and RX (way overkill). Then I use a seperate 3S (whatever is laying around - usually a 3300mah) to power the Pyle signal amp/splitter and the recorder. If I know that I am going to be using a monitor I have a splitter - so I can run 2 batteries on the amp/recorder/monitor side. Goggles run off of their own battery. Passenger goggles have their own as well. I have 3 additional barrel plugs for powering various 12V bits - like an external monitor if needed - again - tieing to the same power source as the splitter and the recorder.

Not saying that this is the best way... actually - I am telling you that it's not the best way. But until I get some experience with the new GS I won't know exactly what my layout will end up like.

I don't have a GS, but building a battery based system around that screen seems like a big hassle. If it were me I'd be looking for a 12V display. I just got a phillips display that runs off of 9-12V but it is pretty small, meant for passengers and I suppose a backup should the fatsharks die.

Is this your flight display? If so does it blue screen or show static?

Navigator
    Well I got the screen new for 60 dollars, it showw unlimited static and no blue screen. I do have goggles that I will be useing, but I want the screen as backup, other people ,and I may just prefer the screen. The batteries will cost around $80 to $90 So I am pretty sure I would be correct to start with 5 cell li-pos from a voltage point of view for the screen, it is the stepping down to 12 volts and also a5.5 volt supply that I am not sure how to do the best way, and that is the part I really need the help with!!
    SOO if any one knows the best way to do it, chime in! And if its not going to work chime in !!
    In need,,,Neal

PS Tracker and eagle eyes run off 3s setup on a tripod.
    So thats all good.

If you are running on 5S then you just need to start looking for UBEC's for 5 and 12 volts.

First hit on google found this:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18788

which steps from 5s to 12V/3A. That might not be enough power so here are more pricey ones from castle:

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/ccbec.html