SurveilZone.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1CH D1 DVR Mini DVR Board for FPV Black Box

Yes, frame rate drops sometime, do not use it with PAL camera, NTSC seems no problem

I got one of these DVRs to have in my FPV ground station, automatically recording flights. I setup auto-power-on recording and loop recording. Video is NTSC, firmware version is "V3-(2014/06/21)". It works OK except for one issue: If I power on the DVR before powering on the video source, and the DVR is recording static for a short time, the recordings that follow come out choppy and with a flashing-video artifact on the bottom. If I power on the DVR after the video source, or if I put the DVR in and out of playback mode, the recordings come out good.

I've tried tweaking around with some of the settings, but haven't found a fix. It's too bad, because I like how the unit works otherwise, but this issue is quite annoying. If there's a fix I'd appreciate hearing about it.

--ET
    It's not about spying, it's about flying.
    etheli.com / NEFPV^

Quote Originally Posted by etheli View Post
    I got one of these DVRs to have in my FPV ground station, automatically recording flights. I setup auto-power-on recording and loop recording. Video is NTSC, firmware version is "V3-(2014/06/21)". It works OK except for one issue: If I power on the DVR before powering on the video source, and the DVR is recording static for a short time, the recordings that follow come out choppy and with a flashing-video artifact on the bottom. If I power on the DVR after the video source, or if I put the DVR in and out of playback mode, the recordings come out good.

I've tried tweaking around with some of the settings, but haven't found a fix. It's too bad, because I like how the unit works otherwise, but this issue is quite annoying. If there's a fix I'd appreciate hearing about it.

--ET
    I have the same setup as you, and I'm also seeing that same problem. (took me a while to figure it out) It doesn't matter if it goes to static between flights, so long as it starts up with a good video signal present. I wonder if it's trying to autodetect the input on startup, and going to some weird mode?