SurveilZone.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1CH D1 DVR Mini DVR Board for FPV Black Box

I just purchased one of these and find it unusable as an fpv dvr.
    Whenever there is any signal loss the dvr goes black for a second.
    When image returns, sometimes the framerate will be slow and will not return to normal until power is cycled to the dvr.

Has anyone else seen this or did I just get a dud?

Hi guys, want to share my first experience with this product. Got it by start of 2015 and I found out this:

• Recorded video is not stretched, proper resolution of 720x576. Other with this issue, what is your version?
    • My firmware version is V3-(2014/06/21)
    • There are tiny vertical black bars, just few pixels
    • Live video trough this DVR is slow, jerky, like gopro or mobius live out. Resolution and quality of image is very degraded. I will not fly pass-trough.
    • Recorded video on SD card is also not very fluent, but much better that in pass-trough
    • Recorded video quality is actually good. Compression artifacts are not noticeable.
    • No blue screen, showing and recording static. Prevents blue screen when used as pass-trough.
    • Recording takes about 1MB per second
    • Using H.264 in AVI container which is odd, but seems to be working

Video quality is no match for good old miniDV camera. I have old Canon one and video played from it is exactly same quality as input. But it is large, my tapes are worn and mechanics inside are prone to mechanical failure. "Downloading" 1 hour movie from DV camera takes 1 hour, pain in the ass. I am going to use this one in my second smaller groundstation just for playback in case of crash. When I need high quality ground recording, will use old miniDV. As an insurance for crash recovery, this one is winner at that price. Missing LCD is no problem, with clever multipole switch, I will do "Live & Record" and "Playback" switchable modes as I have with miniDv now. This way I can avoid using pass-trough and still be able to quickly replay.

Quote Originally Posted by kolin View Post
    Hi guys, want to share my first experience with this product. Got it by start of 2015 and I found out this:

• Recorded video is not stretched, proper resolution of 720x576. Other with this issue, what is your version?
    • My firmware version is V3-(2014/06/21)
    • There are tiny vertical black bars, just few pixels
    • Live video trough this DVR is slow, jerky, like gopro or mobius live out. Resolution and quality of image is very degraded. I will not fly pass-trough.
    • Recorded video on SD card is also not very fluent, but much better that in pass-trough
    • Recorded video quality is actually good. Compression artifacts are not noticeable.
    • No blue screen, showing and recording static. Prevents blue screen when used as pass-trough.
    • Recording takes about 1MB per second
    • Using H.264 in AVI container which is odd, but seems to be working

Video quality is no match for good old miniDV camera. I have old Canon one and video played from it is exactly same quality as input. But it is large, my tapes are worn and mechanics inside are prone to mechanical failure. "Downloading" 1 hour movie from DV camera takes 1 hour, pain in the ass. I am going to use this one in my second smaller groundstation just for playback in case of crash. When I need high quality ground recording, will use old miniDV. As an insurance for crash recovery, this one is winner at that price. Missing LCD is no problem, with clever multipole switch, I will do "Live & Record" and "Playback" switchable modes as I have with miniDv now. This way I can avoid using pass-trough and still be able to quickly replay.
    Sounds like a different dvr. Mine "blue screens" / black screen on signal loss. This alone makes it unsuitable as an fpv dvr.

Navigator
    I just got mine in the mail today.
    Hopefully this weekend will test it out.

Plans are to use a separate Vrx to feed the dvr.
    TwinStar Brotherhood
    MyFlyDream Twin

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbedy View Post
    I just purchased one of these and find it unusable as an fpv dvr.
    Whenever there is any signal loss the dvr goes black for a second.
    When image returns, sometimes the framerate will be slow and will not return to normal until power is cycled to the dvr.

Has anyone else seen this or did I just get a dud?
    I have exactly the same problem with the frame rate. Sometimes it drops and video becomes choppy until power cycle. Very disappointed with that.

Contacted SurveilZone support, they said they will send a firmware update, but then sent another email with this:

I do not know whether our supplier update firmware
    So, I'm confused now. Will we get a fix?

Here is the video, at 1:00 everything is smooth, at 1:30 the video becomes choppy with half frame rate.

Last edited by CrazyCoder; 21st April 2015 at 05:38 AM.

I chose to post back for refund which surveilzone accepted.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCoder View Post
    I have exactly the same problem with the frame rate. Sometimes it drops and video becomes choppy until power cycle. Very disappointed with that.

Contacted SurveilZone support, they said they will send a firmware update, but then sent another email with this:

So, I'm confused now. Will we get a fix?

Here is the video, at 1:00 everything is smooth, at 1:30 the video becomes choppy with half frame rate.

Already feedbacked to the manufacturer who is working on it. There is problem with PAL camera, total OK with NTSC camera. Any news we will keep you updated.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by SurveilZone View Post
    Already feedbacked to the manufacturer who is working on it. There is problem with PAL camera, total OK with NTSC camera. Any news we will keep you updated.
    OK, thanks. All the DVRs from you were only a disappointment =(

This one hangs in the middle of recording so that you have to remove the battery to make it alive, also has poor video quality. The new one doesn't work properly with my camera.

Can anyone suggest a decent portable DVR that will work without problems?

Navigator
    Mine works perfect, using NTSC.
    TwinStar Brotherhood
    MyFlyDream Twin

+1, use NTSC