FPVLAB

Page 128 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1300

Thread: Deep Reaper

Navigator
    zaraja: No, they're fine. One is raised and is catching more light in the photo.

Navigator
    Thanks everybody who chipped in with advice during my Deep Reaper build. I had a very successful maiden today despite some gusty winds. Here's a picture and a short flight cam video.

Last edited by GawainReif; 22nd November 2014 at 10:05 PM.

^Sweet vid!!
    Please lord forbid them from entering, forgive us for thou shall never leave.....

Navigator
    Way to go! Great maiden and nice build. It looks like you have a little black cam on the nose, but what's that white thing next to it? Just curious.

Looks like a go pro foam mount.
    Please lord forbid them from entering, forgive us for thou shall never leave.....

Navigator
    Exactly. It's my "NoPro." A foamboard box weighted to match the GoPro... Which I just picked up today! I'm pretty excited. Although now I'm sort of wishing I'd balanced the wing for a GoPro WITH case (136g) instead of without (75g.)

Navigator
    Got the GoPro attached and recorded a little video for you guys... The Deep Reaper is stable indeed. I love it! Thanks Lee for designing a fantastic plane.

Sweet VID ^

Navigator
    Hi Folks! Newguy here armed with lots of questions. First off I want to say thanks for sharing all the great advice here, the build pics and comments here and on the RCG thread really helped me put together my first FPV wing right the first time. I currently have a reaper, she is a little heavy with dual 3a batts and 8ooTVLcam up front but still flies really well, super stabil and plenty of power albeit a lot of reflex so I need to be moving 15-20kts to maintain altitude. I am trying to decide on my next platform for long range, this one will get the $ gear so I want it to be right. Help me decide if I go Gladiator or Herc. I know I want a pusher and would like to build it with better glide ratio and slow flying stability (AKA cruise) over speed and performance. If I can get by with 3S and a lighter more torque friendly motor/prop combo I think that would help. If you had a blank slate what airframe would you choose and why? Thanks in advance!

Navigator
    The only "largish" wing I've flown has been the Gladiator XL, but for what it's worth it sounds like a good match for your needs. The longer chord and thin cross-section give it good efficiency and slow-speed manners. The main thing is probably to keep it as light as possible. There's always a trade off of course. There's a YouTube video of a guy who built a super-light Deep Reaper and is just floating it around in his yard.

Found it! See what building light can do:

Page 128 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 LastLast