FPVLAB

Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1300

Thread: Deep Reaper

Navigator
    She's coming together!

Servos are in, slots are cut for the Cat6 cable. I've been busy soldering wires and making a parallel connector for the batteries (See this post for my magic smoke adventure yesterday.) Now I'm almost ready to wrestle with the big question. How the heck am I going to mount a GoPro?

I've currently got a Mobius, which I'm going to use at first, but I want to balance it for the extra weight so a GoPro can be a drop-in replacement when the time comes. I like the idea of cutting away part of the nose, mounting the camera low and adding some bumpers, (as I think Derrick did) but I'm concerned about cutting through the shock cord. High mounting it is like putting a barn door right in the airflow, even though it's safer for the camera.

Also, I've run my servo wires separately from the Cat6 just to keep things simple, but I'm sort of tempted to cut into the shielded cable and use one of the pairs plus a ground to save weight. Decisions, decisions.. What do you guys think?

BTW, I'm sure you're right about the 2 lbs, Avi. I need to find a good scale once it's ready to go...

Looking good ^
    Please lord forbid them from entering, forgive us for thou shall never leave.....

Navigator
    Looks good. I have cut the front of a reaper to put in the GoPro and mounted one on top. I actually thought it seemed to do better on top. Haven't noticed any difference in flight times between the two. Just really need to make sure the cg is on. Wings are really sensitive to having the weight balanced correctly on the cg.

Anyways the build looks like it's coming along great!
    Rexnoobs: Hey watch out for that power line
    Me: you mean the one my tricopter is dangling from...

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi_Y View Post
    AbsoluteAltitudes, any update?
    I actually flew it the other day. I have been slacking on forum updates.

Anyways the plane was just a touch on the tail heavy side and kept wanting to flip over when when I banked and pulled up. I added some nose weight by mounting the GoPro case to the front of the plane. Just need to get out and test run it again

Navigator
    A friend with a 3D printer is going to make me one of these. If I top-mount it this looks like a good way to go. I may even be able to inset it slightly to get it a teensy bit lower. I'll need to make a bottom plate that tilts it to the proper angle, about 15 down.

Navigator
    Hey if it turns out well you might have to make a few of them

Navigator

Yeah, it's still a bit of a rats nest, but it's getting better. I've been shortening and lengthening wires as needed. A couple of minor burns, but my soldering skills are improving. :-) A quick smoke test of the electronics shows that everything's hooked up properly and working, and the CG looks pretty good when I add a couple of 4000mah batteries. Notice my "NoPro" placed along the basswood rails countersunk into the EPP. I think that's going to be a nice way to keep the cameras firmly in place and low to the surface without having to chop away any of the nose.

Navigator
    Somehow managed to get everything stuffed into the bay and attached the cover with magnets. The scoop is the bottom of a blister pack from a tube of Goop. There's a slight gap all along the back of the cover to allow the air captured by the scoop to exhaust. I'm going to place the batteries last after the fins, antennas and a prop. I want to get the CoG spot-on if possible.

Last edited by GawainReif; 11th November 2014 at 01:12 AM.

FPV Freak
    Hey Are you sure your ailerons are matching? The left one looks bigger than the right one? ( Looking from behind the plane)

Quote Originally Posted by GawainReif View Post
    She's coming together!

Servos are in, slots are cut for the Cat6 cable. I've been busy soldering wires and making a parallel connector for the batteries (See this post for my magic smoke adventure yesterday.) Now I'm almost ready to wrestle with the big question. How the heck am I going to mount a GoPro?

I've currently got a Mobius, which I'm going to use at first, but I want to balance it for the extra weight so a GoPro can be a drop-in replacement when the time comes. I like the idea of cutting away part of the nose, mounting the camera low and adding some bumpers, (as I think Derrick did) but I'm concerned about cutting through the shock cord. High mounting it is like putting a barn door right in the airflow, even though it's safer for the camera.

Also, I've run my servo wires separately from the Cat6 just to keep things simple, but I'm sort of tempted to cut into the shielded cable and use one of the pairs plus a ground to save weight. Decisions, decisions.. What do you guys think?

BTW, I'm sure you're right about the 2 lbs, Avi. I need to find a good scale once it's ready to go...
    ZII (1.3 GHZ) (40.1 km), Hercules Pusher (1.3 GHZ) (23.8 km), Sky Hunter (1.3 GHZ) (19.9 km), Deep Reaper (1.2 GHZ) (13.4 km), Penguin (1.2 GHZ) (10.5 km), ZIII (1.3 GHZ), Titan (1.3 GHZ) (LOS low altitude), BobCat pusher (5.8 GHZ) (LOS), Assassin 5.8 Ghz)
    DJI Flamewheel 450 (1.3 GHZ), DART 400 1.3 GHZ, DART 250 5.8 GHZ

FPV Freak
    Sorry for the late reply but i missed it
    I am using a 1500 KV 3025 Exceed rocket series motor with 10X6 prop. Lots of power and i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi_Y View Post
    Thanks for all the info.
    What motor do you use, and how powerful does it feel?
    ZII (1.3 GHZ) (40.1 km), Hercules Pusher (1.3 GHZ) (23.8 km), Sky Hunter (1.3 GHZ) (19.9 km), Deep Reaper (1.2 GHZ) (13.4 km), Penguin (1.2 GHZ) (10.5 km), ZIII (1.3 GHZ), Titan (1.3 GHZ) (LOS low altitude), BobCat pusher (5.8 GHZ) (LOS), Assassin 5.8 Ghz)
    DJI Flamewheel 450 (1.3 GHZ), DART 400 1.3 GHZ, DART 250 5.8 GHZ

Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast