Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: LAWSUITS FILED AGAINST THE FAA

I have a suspicion that a significant percentage of the resistance from commercial pilots on this matter is fear that their job may one day be replaced by either fully autonomous or outsourced remotely piloted aircraft. Think $5/hr Indian guy flying a Fedex cargo plane through a hybrid remote piloting system(hybrid meaning it won't let you"commandeer" it or crash it).

Coexistence is certainly possible and doable, yet I haven't heard one commercial pilot simply request that UAS flights work with ATC like any other flight. It would be so simple to radio in and avoid any sort of chance of collision or interference. Need a dot on the radar screen? A 4G sim card and GPS could easily transmit highly accurate data to a FAA cloud service. I'm pretty sure something like this already exists, as I have a plugin on Google Earth to display all commercial flights in real time, with a line tracking their flight path, in 3D.

Pilots are scared of crashing into a UAS and I can't figure out why. UAS are slow moving and have limited range capability. Authing a normal UAS flight to take pictures would rarely block off more than a kilometer radius circle of airspace.
    Last edited by chatch; 31st August 2014 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmaplesong View Post
    When you're outraged at chatch, please don't quote his bullshit.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoTuna View Post
    I don't fly in the US, but I wonder if there is a US-shame angle to be played here. USA, the country that has put the first man on the moon, nasa, technological innovators etc etc, is now potentially seriously behind other countries on how to get the best out of drone use and this interpretation is about to make it go pretty much to the bottom of the list. FPV drone use, a range of technologies that are just going to provide more and more benefit, but not for you guys. The hobbiests in the FPV space today are the entrepreneurs of the drone space of tomorrow and they fund the technological innovations,..... if they are allowed to play that is. Your politicians should be furious with the FAA making these international-standing, economically significant decisions on their personal whim. Excellent news on these legal filings, presumably the lobbying will ramp up now to support them.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...ok-110454.html

Navigator
    This is the best way for all of us to organize and beat the FAA or we will not be able to fly - we have to win this thing guys
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/k...arch/x/2462407

Quote Originally Posted by alexedit View Post
    This is the best way for all of us to organize and beat the FAA or we will not be able to fly - we have to win this thing guys
    Seriously?
    You think the best way to win this is throw money at another anonymous kickstart?
    What a crock of hype.
    Part of the problem is too many fools that fall for this kind of crap.
    Get behind an organization with real known members, either the AMA or FPVTA and dont give money to these late coming cons.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by alexedit View Post
    Where did you get that indiegogo link?, the way the whole thing is layed out doesn't seem legit, the only name mentioned in the whole page is the lawyers, no website affiliations, no forum names or threads attached to it for verification, just seems like a scam for someone taking advantage of the situation. I could be wrong (it has happened) but what is someone else's opinion on this site?

Quote Originally Posted by spiked3 View Post
    Seriously?
    Yes and the top donor wins a Phantom, I am not kidding.

Wayne
    Last edited by Channel 1; 1st September 2014 at 10:43 AM.
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by spiked3 View Post
    Seriously?
    You think the best way to win this is throw money at another anonymous kickstart?
    What a crock of hype.
    Part of the problem is too many fools that fall for this kind of crap.
    Get behind an organization with real known members, either the AMA or FPVTA and dont give money to these late coming cons.
    Spike - This is a joint effort - FPVTA is one of the organizations backing this. The FPVTA, Tim Nilson, Alex (IBCRAZY) and many others are backing this because the funds will go towards will go towards the legal fees.
    This is not just some random "hype - campaign" this is the real deal.

I am putting my own money to promote this, and I am doing all the work on the campaign. How is this being a "fool"?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by bernarddiaz View Post
    Where did you get that indiegogo link?, the way the whole thing is layed out doesn't seem legit, the only name mentioned in the whole page is the lawyers, no website affiliations, no forum names or threads attached to it for verification, just seems like a scam for someone taking advantage of the situation. I could be wrong (it has happened) but what is someone else's opinion on this site?
    Thanks for the feedback bernarddiaz - I will edit the campaign page and make it clearer. I will add who's the funds are going to, who's lawsuit we're backing and create a thread here to link to.

Please keep the suggestions coming.

Navigator
    Is this your kick starter?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by bernarddiaz View Post
    Is this your kick starter?
    I am organizing it, and paying for the marketing, but all the funds will go towards the legal fees incurred in the FAA lawsuit. This lawsuit benefits every single one of us. There is not a person in this forum that will not benefit from it. So everyone's help is appreciated.

Please ask as many questions as possible, this will help me make the indiegogo page better and clearer for everyone to understand.
    Last edited by alexedit; 1st September 2014 at 11:46 AM.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast