Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PROPOSED BILL WOULD BAN ALL RC AIRCRAFT IN COLORADO

Exclamation PROPOSED BILL WOULD BAN ALL RC AIRCRAFT IN COLORADO

Heads up guys, there is apparently another drone bill going to be introduced in the Colorado State Senate by Senators Linda Newell and Kevin Lundberg. According Vic Moss, it mainly deals with how law enforcement will be allowed to use UAV's, but part of the bill is EXTREMELY troubling. It states, "If a person or entity wants to use a UAV for for recreational or commercial use or for UAV research, the person must obtain an experimental airworthiness certificate or certificate of waiver or authorization from the FAA."

They will be holding a stakeholders meeting this Tuesday January 13th, at 2PM in room SCR356, at the Colorado Capital building.

I wrote a very long email to Lundberg (I interned for him in high school when he was a State Representative) and I hope to attend the meeting if I can get off work early on Tuesday. Seeing as how this bill would outlaw all model aviation in Colorado without an FAA waiver which doesn't even exist for hobbyists, everyone who can should try to come.

The full text of the bill has been posted here: https://fetch.hightail.com/storage-a....15%20Bill.pdf

From the language it is quite clear they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Here is the contact info for the two state senators who are sponsoring the bill: kevin@kevinlundberg.com, and linda.newell.senate@gmail.com. We should have as many people email them as possible. You can read what I wrote to Lundberg here: http://pastebin.com/DKQMFzs1
    ~Patrick M.

YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/SerithianFPV

Colorado FPV Pilot and Flying Site Map: mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zjYlxx5w300I.kmgDGKOhrMAo

Odd. I don't seem to recall instrument flight rules including any of these things. So I guess all the Colorado guys are going to have to start filing flight plans and getting clearances now (sarcasm, just fyi). Who is advising these people?
    18. A PRIVATE PERSON WHO USES AN UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLE FOR RECREATIONAL USE SHALL COMPLY WITH ALL INSTRUMENT FLIGHT RULES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO FLYING THE UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLE WITHIN THE OPERATOR'S SIGHT, FOR NO FARTHER THAN THREE MILES, FOR NO MORE THAN FOUR HUNDRED FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, DURING DAYLIGHT, INSIDE UNCONTROLLED AIRSPACE, AND AT LEAST FIVE MILES FROM AN AIRPORT OR OTHER LOCATION WITH AVIATION ACTIVITIES.
    Shut up and fly.

the state where i can carry an ounce of weed, but get arrested for having a RC airplane

what's wrong with you people
    Last edited by chatch; 11th January 2015 at 01:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmaplesong View Post
    When you're outraged at chatch, please don't quote his bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by prelator View Post
    From the language it is quite clear they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

A PRIVATE PERSON WHO USES AN UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLEFOR RECREATIONAL USE SHALL COMPLY WITH ALL INSTRUMENT FLIGHTRULES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO FLYING THE UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLE WITHIN THE OPERATOR'S SIGHT.

My take of that is, modelers are going to have to comply with FAA IFR, while flying line of sight.

And that is the end of model flying, period it's over.

Some staffer up there is smoking some real good chit to come up with this chimpanzee level legislation.

Wayne

Everybody loves a bunny.

Navigator
    I just don't understand what's going on with this country...

We don't need [insert problem here] control, we need idiot control

Whether that be guns, drones, beer... Its not the object, its the person abusing it.

I am m so subbed in on this! I know the outcome will be that this bill will be thrown out due to its stupidly written proposals and the people that intended to look smart will look like idiots. I love it when idiots who think they are smart look like idiots......LMAO.
    Brett Hays
    JosephOregon.com
    flitetest.com/articles/fpv-full-scale-cockpit-ground-station-w-42-tv

Sky Pirate & FPV Outlaw SecretSpy711's Avatar
    Couldn't agree more!
    youtube.com/secretspy711
    COFPV.com

Navigator
    Believe it or not, we have something called common sense. At least most of us have it...

And all the legislation is supposed to do it prevent those who lack this skill from doing something stupid without consequence.

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    The proposed bill makes no sense to anyone who has ever flown an RC model. It seems to me like they did a cut and paste job on the FAA previous proposal.

Where do these dumb bills come from?

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Subbed. Having spent most of my life in Colorado, I feel embarrassed this came out of my state.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast