Page 2 of 143 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: uThereRUBY

Forum Member
    Thanks for pointing this out Martin! Too bad this is not working on the Canadian side.
    Long range FPV is so 2009 :D

Forum Member
    The 3000ft limit sorta kills it for even us US members.
    "1.3GHz 850mW video transmitter. Warm as hell. Drains power as thirsty camel." -Rastislavko

"At this point DL was an option, sat back and saw more feedback from buyers. Start getting good range results 12-15-17km 20-22-25km? From a $320 system??? Looks good, really good. Price drop to $269, end of story..." -Po73

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PnoT View Post
    The 3000ft limit sorta kills it for even us US members.
    It does, but this is the best part.

" Ruby does not limit flight range when flying under aided or manual control.
    In event of control signal loss or panic switch activation, Ruby will return the aircraft to home location from several miles range.

Under automous modes, Ruby has a factory programmed 3000 foot range, beyond which it will attempt to return home.

How does one even get to several miles away? I'd say it's limited
    When the Governments can't Control or Regulate it ALWAYS becomes illegal.
    400' Alt rule does not apply. I did FPV long before it was called FPV.
    I find the closer to the ground I get my chances of crashing increases .
    Wisdom comes from knowledge. Knowledge comes from experience. Experience comes from failures.

Forum Member
    You can fly with the Ruby turned off and try to break the FPV long distance record many many miles away from home. When your video craps out, you can turn Ruby on / hit the panic button and Ruby will fly home (but obviously I don't recommend flying this way). Ruby has 'autonomous' modes like 'loiter' or waypoints -- that means it will fly the plane (not you). It also has cool 'assisted' modes like "fly by wire" where you just control roll and it maintains altitude. In these modes you can't go beyond 3000 feet UNLESS you contact uThere to switch this limit off. To me these are all benefits and not limitations. (not sure if the first version of the OS has waypoints, by the way)
    Last edited by timnilson; 28th March 2011 at 05:36 PM.

Forum Member
    To get limit removed, all that is need by the MIB's is DNA sample, front and side pictures, fingerprints, mothers madien name, married status, close friends names, schools you went to, which way is north, how many pennies are in left pocket, to be micro chipped, and the alien abduction probe. If I forgot anything please add it.
    When the Governments can't Control or Regulate it ALWAYS becomes illegal.
    400' Alt rule does not apply. I did FPV long before it was called FPV.
    I find the closer to the ground I get my chances of crashing increases .
    Wisdom comes from knowledge. Knowledge comes from experience. Experience comes from failures.

Forum Member
    Can you program it to climb the plane several hundred feet and then fly home?? In the Mtns I'm thinking it will fly right into a hillside as its coming home..

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post
    Can you program it to climb the plane several hundred feet and then fly home?? In the Mtns I'm thinking it will fly right into a hillside as its coming home..
    Not sure yet how it deals with auto landing in mountainous areas. But you can program it to fly home and "loiter" in a circle above home. This way you can decide on how/where to land.

Banned
    On the distance limits I think their intent is to have this as a safety measure for newbs which I think is a good idea, it gives them some discretion. Those with suitable experience and flying area I think would be able to have it turned off. This is just my opinion and intrepretation. I know there is talk of osd already which would be nice as well.
    Aloha
    BungeeMike

Banned
    My Ruby is on the way, I expect it Sat. What to put it in, skywalker, cularis, or zephyr blunt is the question.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BungeeMike View Post
    My Ruby is on the way, I expect it Sat. What to put it in, skywalker, cularis, or zephyr blunt is the question.
    B L U N T ! =)
    "1.3GHz 850mW video transmitter. Warm as hell. Drains power as thirsty camel." -Rastislavko

"At this point DL was an option, sat back and saw more feedback from buyers. Start getting good range results 12-15-17km 20-22-25km? From a $320 system??? Looks good, really good. Price drop to $269, end of story..." -Po73

Page 2 of 143 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast