www.immersionrc.com

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: More than 8 channels?

ImmersionRC Support Guru swillhide's Avatar
    The problem is being looked at by the firmware developer. No eta for a fix.
    AMA # 1015480 HAM Callsign # Procrastinating..
    Futaba 9c w/Ezuhf /Skywalker 1880 or anything else that I can Lawn Dart.
    Retired: Disco(Sold), Skywalker 1900(Dirt Nap), Qav540g/Nazav2/Iosd mk2

Navigator

16 Channels

What's the latest on the 16 Channel upgrade?

capman231

Navigator
    great sticky. but before i throw all this gear in the bin and take up fishing or golf- am i on the right track here- i have updated jr module and rx and bound them, on my turnigy 9x with open tx i have created a new model and changed the setting from '8' to where it now says proto ppm '12' 300usec, how do i set up the channels i need or do i have to set them on the radio first before doing it on immersion tools? i am using a vector flight controller and want channels for a 3 axis gimbal, rssi and a buzzer. i also have lost an rx channel as i have used it to power the receiver. how would anyone suggest i configure this? thanks.

Navigator
    ok im definitely not binning anything! this post i copied from naemion on the Ezuhf RX RSSI and Eagle tree vector thread was exactly what i needed thanks.i still need to assign my radio channels better, but it is working.

"Try this one more time just to be sure please.

This is to get the gain and RSSI working as well as every switch and knob that you need.

EagleTree Vector PPM Setup with RSSI and Link Quality

Okay guys the first thing you want to do is make sure that you have the Vector and EZUHF hardware properly set up for PPM. To do this you will need to:
    -Have ONLY the three wire servo lead from the Vector running to your EZUHF via Channel 1.
    -Have a 5v servo wire coming from the Vector Current Sensor to the EZUHF. I used channel 8. This lead only requires two wires, power and ground.
    -Have all switches and gain knobs that you wish to be used assigned to a channel from 5 to 10 on your transmitter. You do not need to remember the channel as will be explained later.

Now we are going to start programming the two to work with each other.

EZUHF
    You will then need to read all settings from the Rx using the button on the bottom right. From that point you can keep all the settings on the first page the same EXCEPT the channel count. This needs to be changed to 12Ch. After this is done go ahead and hit the button to upload your settings to the Rx.
    Next to to the page labeled Servo Mapping. Same as before you need to read the settings from the Rx. After everything has been loaded up you will need to hit the button on the right hand side labeled Configure for Multicopter (PPM) use. when this is finished it should have 12 PPM channels listed on the left hand screen and 8 under the servo output with the first being labeled PPM Muxed. The only thing that needs to be changed here is PPM 11 to RSSI and PPM 12 to LINK. After this you are finished and can upload your settings to the Rx.

EagleTree Vector

The Vector is really an amazing flight controller, it will pretty much do everything for you when it comes time to setup. The first thing you want to do is plug a battery into you quad and bind your Tx. Then pull up your Vector configuration software and plug your Vector into the USB.
    The next step is to run the Rx Analysis Wizard. The first few steps are the most important. Choose the units that you want to use and on the next page it should automatically detect that you are using SPPM. If not, go ahead and select this option. The page after that is the failsafe setting. I went with the Mode/Submode Switch option. After that the setup is just following the prompts on the screen, flipping the switches you want for each option until the wizard is finished.
    When the Wizard if finished everything should be good to go. Go ahead and check everything on the main screen. To do so go to the Overview page and just play with all you switches and gain knob and see if they change anything.

Navigator
    Hi guys not sure if this is the right place for my question please move if not.

I have been trying to use my Diversity EZUHF RX in 10 channel operation on my TBS Discovery Pro.

I'm using PPM on RX Pin 1 for Naza functions PPM. RX pins 5+6 are for Gimbal Pitch and Tilt and RX Pin 8 for camera switch.

This leaves me with physcal pins 1, 3, 4, & 7 free

I would like an extra channel for my light switch so I have changed the PPM channel count to 10 in Immersion RC tools. Then on the servo mapping tab i changed Servo output CH3 to PPM 9 as channel 9 in my Taranis has been set as the light switch. I have left the left hand colum in order "PPM Slot" as it was PPM 1 - 12 corresponding in order to CH1 - 12. However it isn't doing anything I have tried on all the free pins as above but no change.

I have changed my radio to 9 channel in the settings and can see that is working on the taranis.

I have read you don;t have to do anything in the EZUHF JR module as it just outputs the channels it needs. I did plug it in and the option to change the amount of channels is greyed out anyway.

If anyone has an idea or solution that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Navigator

16 Channels

What's the latest on the 16 Channel upgrade?

capman231

ImmersionRC Support Guru swillhide's Avatar
    I am busting his balls for the 16ch and other goodies. I can only work so many small wonders in one week I swear Capman I am on his nutz.
    AMA # 1015480 HAM Callsign # Procrastinating..
    Futaba 9c w/Ezuhf /Skywalker 1880 or anything else that I can Lawn Dart.
    Retired: Disco(Sold), Skywalker 1900(Dirt Nap), Qav540g/Nazav2/Iosd mk2

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmernz View Post
    ok im definitely not binning anything! this post i copied from naemion on the Ezuhf RX RSSI and Eagle tree vector thread was exactly what i needed thanks.i still need to assign my radio channels better, but it is working.

"Try this one more time just to be sure please.

This is to get the gain and RSSI working as well as every switch and knob that you need.

EagleTree Vector PPM Setup with RSSI and Link Quality

Okay guys the first thing you want to do is make sure that you have the Vector and EZUHF hardware properly set up for PPM. To do this you will need to:
    -Have ONLY the three wire servo lead from the Vector running to your EZUHF via Channel 1.
    -Have a 5v servo wire coming from the Vector Current Sensor to the EZUHF. I used channel 8. This lead only requires two wires, power and ground.
    -Have all switches and gain knobs that you wish to be used assigned to a channel from 5 to 10 on your transmitter. You do not need to remember the channel as will be explained later.

Now we are going to start programming the two to work with each other.

EZUHF
    You will then need to read all settings from the Rx using the button on the bottom right. From that point you can keep all the settings on the first page the same EXCEPT the channel count. This needs to be changed to 12Ch. After this is done go ahead and hit the button to upload your settings to the Rx.
    Next to to the page labeled Servo Mapping. Same as before you need to read the settings from the Rx. After everything has been loaded up you will need to hit the button on the right hand side labeled Configure for Multicopter (PPM) use. when this is finished it should have 12 PPM channels listed on the left hand screen and 8 under the servo output with the first being labeled PPM Muxed. The only thing that needs to be changed here is PPM 11 to RSSI and PPM 12 to LINK. After this you are finished and can upload your settings to the Rx.

EagleTree Vector

The Vector is really an amazing flight controller, it will pretty much do everything for you when it comes time to setup. The first thing you want to do is plug a battery into you quad and bind your Tx. Then pull up your Vector configuration software and plug your Vector into the USB.
    The next step is to run the Rx Analysis Wizard. The first few steps are the most important. Choose the units that you want to use and on the next page it should automatically detect that you are using SPPM. If not, go ahead and select this option. The page after that is the failsafe setting. I went with the Mode/Submode Switch option. After that the setup is just following the prompts on the screen, flipping the switches you want for each option until the wizard is finished.
    When the Wizard if finished everything should be good to go. Go ahead and check everything on the main screen. To do so go to the Overview page and just play with all you switches and gain knob and see if they change anything.
    Great write up! Just as reminder make sure you upgrade to the latest software and firmware and make sure you have ImmersionRC tools 1.40 on the EZUHF (1.39 currently comes with the 1.50 firmware but ImmersionRC tools but 1.39 will not allow RSSI/LINK with Vector, you have to download ImmersionRC tools 1.40 separately.)

Navigator
    That's the problem, if you will grab and squeeze them you will get a lot more out of him!

Quote Originally Posted by swillhide View Post
    I am busting his balls for the 16ch and other goodies. I can only work so many small wonders in one week I swear Capman I am on his nutz.

The goggles do nothing! chicken sashimi's Avatar
    Hey fellas .. this is really killing me.. I'm hoping swilli or one of the other big RC brains out there can help me nail this down.

I've got an 8ch diversity on 1.50 running naza and all of it's functions on PPM1 (CH1 = PPM muxed)
    Everything there works great.

Now I've got three servos I want to run plugged into PHYSICAL servo ports on the rx Ch 6, 7 and 8
    No matter how I program my Taranis or my Servo mapping on the ImmersionRC software, I can't get those damn servos to move on my command (right slider)

I was under the impression that I'd be able to program taranis to send it's channels 10,11 and 12 down through the rx's servo ports 6 7 and 8 respectively but I've completely failed at this.

I've configured the RX in IRC Tools to have:
    SERVO OUTPUT
    CH1 = PPM Muxed
    CH2 = PPM 2
    CH3 = PPM 3
    CH4 = PPM 4
    CH5 = PPM 5
    CH6 = PPM 10
    CH7 = PPM 11
    CH8 = PPM 12

I've configured my Taranis to have:
    CH10 MAX 100
    CH11 MAX 100
    CH12 MAX 100

What am I doing wrong?

Hope you guys can help... I've been banging my head against this one for too long.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by chicken sashimi; 5th November 2014 at 11:31 PM.