www.immersionrc.com

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: More than 8 channels?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    I have been using the 12 channel setting but only today actually tried using all 12 channels.

Now I have realized that on 1.50 or 1.52 firmware 12 channel does not work at all. 1 - 11 does. But no matter what you have on channel 12, be it RSSI , Link or a ppm stream the EZUHF only passes 11 channels not 12.
    I am using channel 11 for RSSI and channel 12 for link quality and all is working well with ET Vector

I wonder why my channel 12 does not show up. When reading the signal from the taranis with immersion toolz it does not show. Assigning ch 12 to any of the receivers outputs does nothing.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then no one is thinking."

- Benjamin Franklin

Navigator
    I have channels 11 and 12 mapped through the ppm cable as shown. The Taranis does not need any connection to channel 11 and 12. So you need EZUHF set to 12 channels but Taranis only needs to be set to 10. When you do the RC setup on the Vector it should read RSSI and Link Quality through the PPM connection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImmersionRX2.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	65815
    Last edited by turbiner; 28th August 2015 at 03:23 PM.

Navigator
    Really stumped with this problem and will try and be as brief as possible. For starters I think I am using the most current firmware and tools updates (1.53.6 EzUHFfirmware_Rxch8chLite.fw & Tools 1.42.5). I'm using a Taranis with EZUHF Lite and ET Vector, combinations I have used several times. This setup has been working without problems in PPM mode (Ch 1-7) for AETR, 2ea mode SW and Gain. EZUHF is setup as CH1 Muxed and RSSI to pin 8. All worked fine this way. THEN Today I mapped CH 9 on the Taranis to S1 as PAN and changed EZUHF RX to send CH9 to servo pin 5, no change to the Vector. (See attachments) As soon as I did this I lost all connection from my RX to the Vector with the exception of RSSI (Pin 8). I have rebound, reset to defaults then removed all references to CH9 on both the Taranis and EZUHF but cannot get it to work. Thought I possibly had a RX problem so I used a different receiver that I had and all worked fine again UNTIL I made the CH9 change again then same problem... no output to Vector. Tried running the wizard on the Victor but I cannot see any input so the wizard stops. I'm really stumped on this one as it appears as I have tried everything almost like I "bricked the receivers".
    Any help suggestions would really be appreciated. Sometimes I bad about overlooking the simple but this time?????
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EZUHF SERVO MAP PAN.PNG 
Views:	88 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	73043Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EZUHF ADVANCED.PNG 
Views:	77 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	73044Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EZUHF CONFIGURE.PNG 
Views:	70 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	73045Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Penguin Vector input page.PNG 
Views:	78 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	73046Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EZUHF SERVO MAPPING.PNG 
Views:	73 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	73047Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Penguin Vector setup page.PNG 
Views:	76 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	73048Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Penguin Vector mixes page.PNG 
Views:	77 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	73049

Do you also have 10 channnels set in your taranis ppmm 1-10 ?

Navigator
    Did you recently update the tools and firmware?

I figured the latest software was the best but I run into similar issues trying to configure my latest model and had to drop back to firmware 1.50 and RCtoos 1.41.3 and prefer it. I do not use a race quad or need the other features in 1.52 -on. I believe 1.50/1.42.5 is still on their site under Utility Software and if you do a Google search for immersion tools 1.41.7 you can find that in a drop box.

If you did not recently update your ImmersionRC tools I would contact ImmersionRC directly.

Yes you could also try 1.50 with 1.41.3 and see of that fixes things.

Navigator
    Thanks for all the input and has helped.
    Went back to Tools 1.41.7 and RX 1.50(6) and TX 1.50(6) and now things are working BUT I believe part, if not all, of the problem was user related (what a surprise) in not properly re-binding and not having matching frame rates also possible I was trying the FrSky method of binding (hold down button while powering up) and was never bound correctly... yes I know... read the manual.
    Next question... Taking one step a time I have set pan on the Taranis to CH9 using SW1 and mapped my RX PPM 9 to servo CH 6 and should be able to plug a servo in pin 6 on the RX for pan. Is this the correct procedure as it is not working. Channel Monitor on Taranis shows Ch moving with SW1. Do I need to go to later FW/Tools versions? Trying not to change things unless necessary.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EZUHF RX PAN CH 6.PNG 
Views:	76 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	73056

Navigator
    Read post #30 and #31 that was addressing same problem. Could not find 1.51 but ended up using Tools 1.47.1 and FW 1.50(6) and these appear to work together? I now have Pan and Tilt on CH 9 & 10, pins 6 & 7. Next step is to setup up with SkyZone goggles.
    Thanks again for the input.

Im stuck with 8 channels and I need a couple more. Here is what I have:

JR8103 8 ch TX
    Ezuhf JR module
    Diversity 8ch RX
    FatShark Dominators with Trinity H/T
    ET Vector
    E-Flite Apprentice

Channels 1-4 the usual roll, pitch yaw, power
    channel 5 - Mode Switch
    channel 7 - Gain
    channel 6 - L/Q
    channel 8 - RSSI

The Vector only sees 8 channels and Ive used them all. I want to add pan and tilt to my camera and I'm thinking I could just plug the servos into a spare port on the RX and go.. but which ones? So I plugged a servo into each of the ports and started trying to figure it out. In the toolkit, I selected the TX and under the Head Tracking tab I found that pan was on channel 7, Tilt on 6 and roll on 8 and on the destination row I selected channels 2,3,4. what is happening is interesting

When I turn on the TX/RX and move the sticks, the servos in the plane move normal, but the servos plugged into the corresponding channels of the RX, also move

When I plug in the H/T cable and turn on the TX/RX nothing receiving a signal thru the Vector works, but when I push the H/T button and activate the motion tracker, moving the goggles, moves the plane around... and the servos connected to the RX. So I think I'm close..

In an earlier attempt, moving my head left and right, changed the gain and looking up and down alternated between flite modes

any suggestions