Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Thread: The NEW QAV500 Version 2.0 - FPV and Gimbal Videography Airframe

Forum Member
    Dragonlink, Vector and Taranis radio together also give you complete telemetry, can track a GPS bird down that way too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboomni View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Lots of good info there that I will look into. I really appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Yes ,I have been thinking about a Taranis radio. Now I am using an DSMX JR with no telemetry so that would be the first step. How is everyone liking the Q7 Frsky radio that just came out? Or should I get the more expensive one that has been around awhile?

Forum Member
    Yes ,I have been thinking about a Taranis radio. Now I am using an DSMX JR with no telemetry so that would be the first step. How is everyone liking the Q7 Frsky radio that just came out? Or should I get the more expensive one that has been around awhile?

Forum Member
    I'm a go big or go home kinda guy so I'd grab the SE or the Horus and future proof yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    I agree thanks

Forum Member
    I agree thanks

Forum Member
    For a gimbal quad, the old Taranis is nice because it has the sliders on the sides. They allow precise control of gimbals. The Q7 doesn't have them, so I'd skip it. Other options for flight control and RC links are Pixhawk and TBS Crossfire system. The Crossfire is nice because it will act as a bluetooth bridge for mavlink packets -- you can run your GCS on your phone and it will connect to your aircraft via the transmitter. Very handy. I was able to use that to track a downed aircraft of mine, saving myself no end of grief.
    -Matt: destroyer of gimbals, wrecker of frames.

My YT Channel --> youtube.com/user/mdbardeen
    Blog --> fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?38190-Vuela-Chile-Vuela!-The-ramblings-of-an-American-in-Chile

Forum Member
    Thanks for that . All this info is giving me more confidence and really learn from my crash. Thankyou both.

Forum Member
    Let us know what you decide...always exciting...heh
    Thanks for that . All this info is giving me more confidence and really learn from my crash. Thankyou both.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    does anyone know of tall landing gear for the G10 arms? My aluminum carbon fiber gear are not compatible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk