Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Thread: The NEW QAV500 Version 2.0 - FPV and Gimbal Videography Airframe

Navigator
    Tim,
    Did you ever post the flight time stats, I don't seem to be able to find them...... I am very interested in your configuration as I am wanting to build a similar craft.........

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by timnilson View Post
    Here is a quick pic with my iPhone. This build is using 13" Tiger Beechwood props and a 6s set up. We'll post better pics and some flight time stats early next week.

Attachment 51812

The flight time we got was about 30 minutes in that configuration.

Navigator
    What was your complete setup ? motor, props, etc.............

Navigator
    yes please could i have your setup, i need 30 mins with my 520 bit confused as to the motor and prop setup

Navigator
    Hi, I just purchased a v2 last week and am almost finished with the build. Is there any way to disable the LEDs on the board? I don't really want them and would rather not have them drawing on the battery power. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaxflats View Post
    Hi, I just purchased a v2 last week and am almost finished with the build. Is there any way to disable the LEDs on the board? I don't really want them and would rather not have them drawing on the battery power. Thanks
    There is a 0 ohm resistor on the PBD that you can take off to cut power to the LEDs and turn them off. However, these LEDs draw maybe the power you'd need for 5 seconds worth of flight time, if that.

Navigator
    Thanks!

Navigator
    Well I lost my Qav V2 500 most likely in a river. My post is not to get sympathy but I have a question. The scenario was this . 1/2 mile or less away flying in an area I have flown many times and had gone out much further in that flight no problem as I have many other times. Above tree top level with a 600 mw vtx with no problems and the video goes out. OK I put my Naza Lite into gps mode let go of the sticks a give it 3/4 thottle hopefully to get a visual. No sighting,so I assumed maybe I couldn't see it but was sure it was well above the trees by this time. So I turned on return to home. Needless to say it did not. It was working and I have tested it a few times. I fly at the same place always.
    I have every intention of building another Qav 500 V2 as I love the frame. My question is on my next build can I have any redundancy of systems or say for example if a vtx melts and is a dead short that could bring down the bird so can you put in a fuse in case this happens? Since I have no corpse to do an autopsy on I would like a few pointers for my next QAV500 build.
    Thanks

Hey Turboomni... couple of things.

Great frame, pricey too. So don't cheap out on the parts that will bring her home.

This is how I did it.

Vector flight controller

Dragonlink UHF for control

1.3ghz video

Quality external BEC. Do not use the BEC in an ESC

Quality ESCs without BEC and of a high enough amp you won't over draw

High quality antennas

Tbeacon for when the shit does eventually hit the fan to always find your bird. That might be tougher if she's in a river however.

Wire and solder perfectly, when in daught do it over.

And then you need to inspect the bird before she flies... preflight is important.

And run 4s. Then you have the power to punch out in wild situations. Because you never know.

That's been my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboomni View Post
    Well I lost my Qav V2 500 most likely in a river. My post is not to get sympathy but I have a question. The scenario was this . 1/2 mile or less away flying in an area I have flown many times and had gone out much further in that flight no problem as I have many other times. Above tree top level with a 600 mw vtx with no problems and the video goes out. OK I put my Naza Lite into gps mode let go of the sticks a give it 3/4 thottle hopefully to get a visual. No sighting,so I assumed maybe I couldn't see it but was sure it was well above the trees by this time. So I turned on return to home. Needless to say it did not. It was working and I have tested it a few times. I fly at the same place always.
    I have every intention of building another Qav 500 V2 as I love the frame. My question is on my next build can I have any redundancy of systems or say for example if a vtx melts and is a dead short that could bring down the bird so can you put in a fuse in case this happens? Since I have no corpse to do an autopsy on I would like a few pointers for my next QAV500 build.
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Navigator
    Thanks for the reply. Lots of good info there that I will look into. I really appreciate it.