Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEW QAV500 Version 2.0 - FPV and Gimbal Videography Airframe

Co-Pilot
    I would use the first one. I like the picture better and it stays color until a lot farther into the dark before switching to black and white
    Most of the money I made this year I spent on FPV,the rest I just wasted.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyincali View Post
    I would use the first one. I like the picture better and it stays color until a lot farther into the dark before switching to black and white
    Another interesting one: 1200TVL Sony 1.3 Mega CMOS Sensor Board Camera 2.8mm Lens OSD DC5V

O.K I am about to pull the trigger on one of these frames to upgrade my V1 QAV 540G (too flexy)

Has anybody done this and thought it not worth the hassle changing it all over considering I will need to buy another gimbal or modify my current one to fit

I wish we could buy just the vertical gimbal mounting plate as a standalone part so I could modify it to make my 540G one fit as it works just fine for what I use it for

Has anybody a positive outcome to share on making the swap

I will be placing my order in the next 24 hours from a local supplier unless convincingly advised otherwise

Cheers
    James
    4 wheels moving body 2 wheels moving soul

Frame has been ordered and posted I will be using Tiger MT4006 Off my QAV520

Has the space for the esc's changed or is it still the same as before ? not too worried about the height being the same just want to know the max dimensions for length and width

I would think they are the same but just checking before I buy new a new set of esc's ( might have to rob the cinetank's esc's as I rarely fly it since I got a mini quad )

Cheers

Navigator
    Guys, will this gimbal this gimbal fit? Will I need anything special?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by STI-REX View Post
    Frame has been ordered and posted I will be using Tiger MT4006 Off my QAV520

Has the space for the esc's changed or is it still the same as before ? not too worried about the height being the same just want to know the max dimensions for length and width

I would think they are the same but just checking before I buy new a new set of esc's ( might have to rob the cinetank's esc's as I rarely fly it since I got a mini quad )

Cheers
    STI, how did you go with this? What ESC's did you end up using? Just looking at upgrading myself...

I am going to use the Lumenier 30A esc's from my C-Tank since I am going to retire it as I don't really fly it now I have become mini addicted

I looked at Tiger esc's --too expensive locally and Castle cremations (lost 2 x 700 heli's to these burning up ) so I couldn't bring myself to buy
    I nearly bought "Hobbywing" X opto 40a quad esc's but that meant dealing with the hobbyking lottery

Still need a Gimbal Quad and now the flex issue has been fixed I will stay with the QAV V2 partly as I have a Go-Professional case for the 540G and it makes long distance travel easy with everything in one very strong box

Now we just need Lumenier to make a side bracing plate out of non conductive material or with cut outs over the pads

Now I just need to decide whether I buy DYS smart 3 axis OR QAV quick mount 2 Axis I cant make up my mind If I need a 3 axis or not

AARRRGH too much choice
    Last edited by STI-REX; 2nd March 2015 at 03:41 AM.

Now we just need Lumenier to make a side bracing plate out of non conductive material or with cut outs over the pads
    No longer an issue. I just received my kit last week, and the PDB now has the pads and "LED" text positions switched, so the curved carbon sidewall now covers the text "LED" with the pads positioned inside of the wall instead of under.
    Matrix-S (Naza-M V2) | IRC XuGong V2 Pro (MiniX) | Armattan FPV Rev2 453mm (MiniX) | QAV500 V2 540mm (Pixhawk) | pendings: PMG Recon (Pixhawk) | Ritewing Drak (Pixhawk)

So is there a swap out available for the incorrectly made boards or are we the paying for the pleasure of being beta testers again as something gets rushed to market

Luckily I haven't started building yet and I do not trust the" use tape over the pads" method in the manual as this seems to be very poor form

I expect design faults from GLB/Bangood or hobbyking but not these guys
    Last edited by STI-REX; 2nd March 2015 at 05:49 PM.

Navigator
    So is there a swap out available for the incorrectly made boards or are we the paying for the pleasure of being beta testers again as something gets rushed to market

Luckily I haven't started building yet and I do not trust the" use tape over the pads" method in the manual as this seems to be very poor form

I expect design faults from GLB/Bangood or hobbyking but not these guys
    Good question. I already solder my ESC