Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEW QAV500 Version 2.0 - FPV and Gimbal Videography Airframe

Quote Originally Posted by vzachari View Post
    It looks good. Do you know the frame weight with the 500mm G10 arms instead of the 540 aluminum ones? Also, do you have a picture of a GoPro sitting on the new Gopro plate? I need to see if my current Gopro setup (which is shielded due to UHF noise) will fit.

Thank you,
    We'll do some more weight measurements for the frame kit alone and each arm kit. We'll also try to take a picture of the GoPro sitting on the frame without a gimbal.

Quote Originally Posted by vzachari View Post
    It looks good. Do you know the frame weight with the 500mm G10 arms instead of the 540 aluminum ones? Also, do you have a picture of a GoPro sitting on the new Gopro plate? I need to see if my current Gopro setup (which is shielded due to UHF noise) will fit.

Thank you,
    The weight with the different arms options is pretty similar:

(Airframe + 500mm aluminum arms): 526g
    (Airframe + 540mm aluminum arms): 543g
    (Airframe + 500mm G10 arms): 522g
    (Airframe + 520mm G10 arms): 536g

Thank you!

Wow just as I was looking at ordering a 400. So the front end where the gimbal attaches.is the same as the 400? I ask becuase I picked up a plate that adapts the dys 3 axis to the 400 and would love to be able to use it on here.
    Most of the money I made this year I spent on FPV,the rest I just wasted.

Hello, do you have any picture to see dimensions comparison between the 500 and 540 ?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyincali View Post
    Wow just as I was looking at ordering a 400. So the front end where the gimbal attaches.is the same as the 400? I ask becuase I picked up a plate that adapts the dys 3 axis to the 400 and would love to be able to use it on here.
    You will be able to mount the adapter plate to the qav500 v2 because they have the same hole distance since their gimbal will also work on the qav500 v2.

Andy

This looks awesome, I think I'll be ordering one.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of each arm type?

Wow! I thought my 3D printed mini quad was the only one out there with reinforcing side walls. Guess that only lasted 3 days. I used a pattern in the sidewalls so I wouldn't have to bolt them in, but they still lock into place and act as one very rigid frame, despite the frame being 2mm ABS plastic. The design has worked well for me, I hope the sidewalls get adopted.

I made mine large enough to hide the ESCs inside, is this possible with the new QAV frame? What is the expected flight time for the frame? What are the largest prop sizes for each arm length?

I'd put the pic in a spoiler but I'm not sure how to do that.
    Last edited by Zobbyblob; 15th August 2014 at 02:07 AM.

Navigator
    Can you guarantee the standard 30amp ESC's will fit without twisting, torquing & smashing caps like version (1)...
    No offence but I know I'm not the only one to have had this issue & I'd like to know if you added a couple MM's to the thickness of where the ESC's fit...

Thank you

Navigator
    I ordered the first generation QAV 500 with aluminum booms & the vibration was terrible even with dynamically balanced motors, after I ordered the G10 booms all the vibes went away...

Forget the bling and get what works , besides the aluminum twists fairly easily & although we aren't supposed to be crashing stuff happens when your pushing the limits