Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEW QAV500 Version 2.0 - FPV and Gimbal Videography Airframe

Forum Member
    Thanks Liam.
    I purchased from a local vendor so I'm sure they had no idea this was the case as it was pretty much impossible to notice whilst in the static bag.
    I'd like to hear from Tim or one of the guys regards this. I'm more concerned that it was a suspected faulty PDB that had been returned and accidentally re-packed.
    Thoughts?

Forum Member

PDB

Wait and see what Tim says, in the mean time do you have a voltage meter to test it
    Stay well
    Liam

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joffa_Dan View Post
    I just opened my brand new QAV500 kit to find that it looks like it's been used?
    The PDB was in a sealed static bag (which I had to open with scissors) and under closer inspection, it looks like the pads have all been pre-tinned, or at least had solder on them all at some point.
    Is this normal? Or have I copped a board that has been returned and then re-sold as new?
    I'm still flying my original 500 from about 3 years ago, and I remember the pads weren't pre-tinned on that version.
    Thought I'd ask here first before taking it up with the vendor.
    When we produce the PCBs the company that populates the boards with LEDs sometimes puts solder paste on all pads, not just the pads that will get the LEDs. It's actually nice to have the pads pre-tinned. It makes no difference if you got a board that has tinned pads or not. They are all brand new and un-used.

Forum Member
    Ok great thanks for the quick response Tim!

Forum Member
    Does any one at getfpv wish to tell me if the new pdb with pads not under the brace is available as a part for me to buy for my new kit

As I do not wish to use the one with the brace sitting on it and I will not use Tape as it will wear through and looks Tacky as well I would actually like to use those Pads

My pads also have solder on them so the brace will not Really sit flat anyway
    [B]4 wheels moving body 2 wheels moving soul
    [/B]

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STI-REX View Post
    Does any one at getfpv wish to tell me if the new pdb with pads not under the brace is available as a part for me to buy for my new kit

As I do not wish to use the one with the brace sitting on it and I will not use Tape as it will wear through and looks Tacky as well I would actually like to use those Pads

My pads also have solder on them so the brace will not Really sit flat anyway
    Yep, they're in stock - http://www.getfpv.com/multi-rotor-fr...-board-v2.html

Forum Member
    Tim and/or Andy,

What are maximum gimbal dimensions should be with QAV500 V2 3-Axis Gimbal Attachment Plate and Long Snap-On Delrin Landing Gear?

Forum Member
    Anyone running 540 arms experiencing lots of jello? I am running a 6s setup with 13" props and tiger motors. I have balanced them as perfectly as I can and am still getting quite a bit of jello.

Update, still had some balancing work to do, used a laser/mirror to dynamically balance the prop/motor combo and everything is much better now. The only issue I have now is that I need to tune the Naza M v2 gains to get it to fly a little better. Anyone with 540 arms care to share theirs?
    Last edited by Hightechlofi; 15th March 2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Update to issue.

Forum Member
    Been thinking about picking up the QAV plug 'n play gimbal, and noticed in the video at GetFPV.com, the high pitch whine when powered up; most likely from the board. Is this high pitch whine still the case or has it be taken care of with the current stock? Thanks
    Last edited by Jubz; 18th March 2015 at 09:50 PM.
    [URL="http://properauthority.com/suav/matrix.htm"]Matrix-S (Naza-M V2)[/URL] | IRC XuGong V2 Pro (MiniX) | Armattan FPV Rev2 453mm (MiniX) | QAV500 V2 540mm (Pixhawk) | pendings: PMG Recon (Pixhawk) | Ritewing Drak (Pixhawk)

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubz View Post
    Been thinking about picking up the QAV plug 'n play gimbal, and noticed in the video at GetFPV.com, the high pitch whine when powered up; most likely from the board. Is this high pitch whine still the case or has it be taken care of with the current stock? Thanks
    It is simply a setting in the BGC software. There is a high and a low frequency, it is an easy tweak.
    Last edited by Andy_GetFPV; 19th March 2015 at 11:36 PM.