Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: FlyingCinema Tankito is coming - "aka" Toaster

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by bllama View Post
    Looking Good!
    Thanks...maybe I can start enjoying it now...ugh..the ESC issue was making me want to throw in the towel lol.
    Wait for the edit..I never finish a thought the first time

Navigator
    Are y'all using Gemfam 6x4.5's or HQ's? I got a set of Gemfam composites(been through like 8 sets of the HQs with my ESC issues) and the Gemfans are MUCH stiffer.

Flying Cinema Dev Team Leviathan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Highoctane View Post
    FINALLY my shit isn't falling out of the sky. Installed some Lumenier 20a minis(smaller than the RG12's!..look like the same as the RTFQ 20a minis..which are almost 1/3 the cost.) Havent 100% brutal tested it..but so far it will stand up to 10 seconds of WOT..whereas with the RG ESCs I couldn't get 2 out of it before one shit down. I have some tuning to do before I can test much more...it had some bad roll oscillations..but still..no issues with the ESCs.
    Awesome to hear. Let's get some videos coming in

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    Awesome to hear. Let's get some videos coming in

Soon

Flying Cinema Dev Team
    Very interesting that you put a Vector in there. I just installed my first one in to a Mk.2 L and am quite happy with it so far. Now that you're able to start tuning (congrats on that!!) I'm even more anxious to see some video.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Very interesting that you put a Vector in there. I just installed my first one in to a Mk.2 L and am quite happy with it so far. Now that you're able to start tuning (congrats on that!!) I'm even more anxious to see some video.
    I've had a Vector in my Cinetank for almost a year. The controller is good..the OSD and voice stuff is outstanding. I have an aviation background and I'm used to using HUD and voice alerts..the vector is about as close as you can get to the real experience. It may not be the most prescise controller out there for a small MR but I enjoy the whole experience so much more when using the Vector. I've got some naze32s and some op revos..both outstanding controllers..but Ive been itching to put a Vector into a small MR...just to do it..
    The Vector does have some short comings..it's not open source and as such its kind of falling behind with recent developments. Its mounting offset can't be changed. I initally tried to "set level" with the Tankito 10* nose high to compensate for the tilted motors..that doesn't work. It threw the gyros off and resulted in all kinds of issues. I had to mount the Vector so that it was level when the Tankito was hovering. Ie its mounted on a 10* angle to the frame.
    Also..the Vector doesn't support Oneshot. Who knows when and if it will..I'd imagine it will..it only makes sense..but again not being open source things tend to move much slower. But the Vector has so many cool features I can over look it's few current short comings
    I hope to get some video soon. Here lately I literally get 15 minutes here and there to mess with it. And after the ESC issues started I pulled both the gopro and the flight cam so as not to risk damaging them. I literally destroyed 8 sets of props and went though 2 sets of motors and 3 sets of ESCs(all apparently due to an issue with BLHeli 13.2) shouldn't that be caught in beta?? I digress
    As for tuning it's close with my initial settings below 75 throttle it's great..the only issues are at WOT..and it's not horrible..just some roll oscillations.
    I hope to get some time to dial it in tomorrow.

La Jolla Tankito30 racing quadcopter FPV Freestyle: https://youtu.be/ipqDxfH9Nx4

Oh dang

Video for ya