Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170
Results 1,691 to 1,697 of 1697

Thread: New Ritewing Z3 S build info thread

Pilot
    Hey this is a silly question, I am wondering about the ritewing linkage assembly. He supplies a partly threaded rod, 2 clevises, 2 shrink wraps, and CF tube per elevon. Can someone tell me what the proper build procedure is? I assume one clevis is soldered in place. But I don't understand how the CF tube is needed or useful, since it's such a loose fit on the rod. Do I fill it with GG?

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by billyd View Post
    Hey this is a silly question, I am wondering about the ritewing linkage assembly. He supplies a partly threaded rod, 2 clevises, 2 shrink wraps, and CF tube per elevon. Can someone tell me what the proper build procedure is? I assume one clevis is soldered in place. But I don't understand how the CF tube is needed or useful, since it's such a loose fit on the rod. Do I fill it with GG?
    After the aircraft is built and the servos and control surfaces are installed. Mount your control horns and measure everything to the proper size. Your clevis on one end will thread the other end Will silver solder. Have your carbon and your shrink tube slide over the connecting rod. Get everything trimmed and flyable after you have a few flights in it I pull the shrink back a little bit and I put a dab of goop on each Clevis where the clevis the rod and the carbon fiber tube all cross paths while it is still wet I shrink it. This locks everything up tight keeps anything from vibrating and makes a very solid connection

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by ritewing View Post
    After the aircraft is built and the servos and control surfaces are installed. Mount your control horns and measure everything to the proper size. Your clevis on one end will thread the other end Will silver solder. Have your carbon and your shrink tube slide over the connecting rod. Get everything trimmed and flyable after you have a few flights in it I pull the shrink back a little bit and I put a dab of goop on each Clevis where the clevis the rod and the carbon fiber tube all cross paths while it is still wet I shrink it. This locks everything up tight keeps anything from vibrating and makes a very solid connection

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Thanks Chris! I am finally finishing my Z3 from a few years ago lol.

Pilot
    Here is the mount I developed for my Z3. It is for a Session or Runcam 3 and foxeer camera, 1177 or Arrow will fit.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3115207
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z3_rc3_1177_rev3_p125_hole.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	78788   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z3_rc3_1177_rev3_p125_holeB.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	78787  

Pilot
    Here is my build ready for maiden

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z3-2.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	401.4 KB 
ID:	78789

Tidy build - mines still going and is a pleasure to fly...Good luck!
    Slow is smooth - smooth is fast...

Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Badlands View Post
    Tidy build - mines still going and is a pleasure to fly...Good luck!

Thanks. Kind of a boring paint job but hey I rarely even bother painting my FPV planes (I can't see them when they're flying anyway!). It only took me like 2-3 years to build it lol. It sat on the shelf forever half done. Finally finished it! Hope to fly it this weekend weather (and life) permitting.