Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dji phantom2 take-off problem

Navigator

Question Dji phantom2 take-off problem

Hello everyone,

I have a problem in my DJI Phantom 2 (with H3-3D).
    Small description: It is falling to one side when taking off and nothing helps.

Full description: I was flying few times after purchase without gimbal and fpv, just for training, i tried to use h3-3d gimbal, that was ok. When I installed fpv equipement (boscam 200mw TX, dominator RX) and iOSD mini fpv was working perfectly, but I had no time to test it in flying. I took my Phantom in a village, which was about 80-90 km away. I made all calibrations with phantom connected to laptop, and did compass calibration too. Later, before taking off, i waited for all satellites fixed and green light flashing. When i tried to took off, phantom just fell to one side and i immediately stopped its propellers. No visible damage were at phantom. I tried few more times with same result. Then i moved it few meters, made compass calibration, and tried to took off. It fell to the other side! I tried few more times with taking it few meters away, but it always was falling to side, but unpredictably to what side. Then I removed all the fpv equipment and gimbal and tried. Same result. It was falling to unpredictable side. Then I tried to take off quicker, it just banged harder. When I arrived home, i tried to fly it where I flew it before it started to fall to the side, but no result. Can you help me please? I don't know what to do with that problem, and I don't want believe that I wasted such big money, buying phantom.
    I wrote two times to DJI about month ago, second time about week ago. No reply, they just emailed me that they got my email, and will reply.

Thanks in advance

Can you show us a good picture how the propellors are mounted?

Navigator
    Propellers are mounted very well, they are self fixing. I am abroad now, so sorry, i don't have quad with me

Navigator
    Checked motors & props? I remember seeing / reading somewhere something similar.
    I would try to record the props with your gopro & replay it to see if props or motor is having any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrejcat View Post
    I made all calibrations with phantom connected to laptop, and did compass calibration too. Thanks in advance

Go back into the NAZA and make sure you didn't change the setup from a quad to something else.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Navigator
    Thanks all of you! I will definitely post videos and photos of phantom when come back home, because i am abroad now. I will post in early september

Navigator
    Here is video:

I tried in both naza and phantom modes, in video you can see phantom mode. Propellors photos are in the end

Hi Andrej,

Just seeing this thread now.
    One thing that causes this sort of behavior is when the Phantom top cover is installed in the wrong orientation. It contains GPS antenna and if the cover is rotated, so is the copter's orientation.
    If you fly ATTI it should still fly fine.

Maybe this helps.
    Cheerio
    Sebastian

Navigator
    Problem is solved! Cable from motors to naza was intalled wrong! Thanks for helping

Good to hear! Safe flying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast