FPVLAB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: And she's flying

Navigator
    Wait, are you wearing an antenna on your head in that video? This girl's a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
    Last night I bought a FatShark 100mW transmitter from RMRC to go with my FatShark goggles she likes for her to put on the new airplane.
    How is the FatShark 100mW working for her? I have been waiting on RMRC to get more IRC 500mW, but I'm still on 72 MHz anyway so I don't really plan on doing anything long distance for a while anyway.

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    We haven't flown it yet. 100mW should be plenty. I just need to modify the FatSharks to fit a skyRF module. The Airwave sensitivity is not very good.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

We haven't flown it yet. 100mW should be plenty. I just need to modify the FatSharks to fit a skyRF module. The Airwave sensitivity is not very good.

-Alex
    Why would you want to do that Alex, I can go 2 km with the stock fatshark rx and your spw/clover combo? (but you need the 600mw immersionrc vtx)
    ONE WITH THE MACHINE --> https://www.youtube.com/FPVFLYER

-Alex
    hey alex

is this the skyrf module with 8 channels?

I use the skyrf tx and rx instead of lawmates and i thought about it too, to modofy my fatshark to allow a skyrf rx to be inside. do u have a link to the modul u gona use?
    FPV killed my bank account

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FPV FLYER View Post
    Why would you want to do that Alex, I can go 2 km with the stock fatshark rx and your spw/clover combo? (but you need the 600mw immersionrc vtx)
    Because I can go 4 km with 100mW and a SkyRF.

The problem with Airwave is that the filtration and sensitivity are poor. I can get video from my 2.4GHz system when I have the 5.8GHz RX in my FatSharks. The range is short as well due to the poor sensitivity (-85dbm). Now compare that to the RC305 RX which is SkyRF based which also has poor filtering, but has a -90dbm sensitivity. That's double your range just on sensitivity.

The only mod I am going to do is link the RC305 directly into the FatSharks via the port on the bottom. There is a hack somewhere on the net if you type "RC305 Airwave" or something like that into Google that converts it to airwave frequencies. Looks like an easy mod, really.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234