Page 212 of 212 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212
Results 2,111 to 2,117 of 2117

Thread: Let's See Your Ground Station!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post
    I would just fly with it and see how it goes. I just started with the lawmate tx and rx with rubber duckies on each end and over the years added one piece at a time and never considered any type of noise or interference.
    What I'll do...Tilting the Pepperbox antenna up at a slight angle should help with the longer distance reception. Right now I'm using 200 mw VTX and getting good range.

Putting together my super portable ground station.
    It's still a work in progress. I'm working on hardware bracket for the case to slide onto a ground rod as a support so I can just stick it in the ground and have the case about 6 feet above ground and then have a similar piece of rod attached to my truck rack so I can just mount the case there when flying places that let me be near the truck.

For now everything is 3M Dual Locked in place, the heavy duty kind.
    I may just leave it that way for a while and see if adding straps and hardware for interior items is really needed.

What is cool is I don't even have to open it except to power it up. Well, I guess having it open might improve reception but maybe not, I'm not well versed in the science behind this stuff yet.

Last edited by EnchiladaJones; 21st May 2018 at 08:43 PM.

Like your work in progress. More pictures when completed please !!

Navigator
    Does anyone have a travel case idea for the vas 1.3 Pepperbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call for design input, light hand-held FPV GCS...

To avoid double posting here is a link to the original: https://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs...r-design-input
    We are working on a more economical semi rugged version of one of our production type industrial GCS models with considerable FPV appeal. Your design input and feedback is kindly requested for a possible kit level or otherwise further DIY-able controller.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RHH LT7 5.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	78772Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RHH LT7 4.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	78773

Azjeg

Quote Originally Posted by azjeg View Post
    To avoid double posting here is a link to the original: https://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs...r-design-input
    We are working on a more economical semi rugged version of one of our production type industrial GCS models with considerable FPV appeal. Your design input and feedback is kindly requested for a possible kit level or otherwise further DIY-able controller.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RHH LT7 5.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	78772Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RHH LT7 4.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	78773

Azjeg
    Some things I would like to see on that.
    1. Micro SD slot for recording flights.
    2. Trims for the gimbals.
    3. Slider switches, one on the side left and one on the right. Reachable with a finger while using the controller.
    4. Selector sw. with at least 3 positions.

Quote Originally Posted by edin508 View Post
    Some things I would like to see on that.
    1. Micro SD slot for recording flights.
    2. Trims for the gimbals.
    3. Slider switches, one on the side left and one on the right. Reachable with a finger while using the controller.
    4. Selector sw. with at least 3 positions.
    Thanks, great additions to the list. I get tons of input in PMs and e-mail so I'm glad for your first in the topic.
    1. Requires a built in DVR which is easy for SD, but much harder for HD. I was thinking about using low profile USB pendrives as removable storage though, because USB sockets are easier to implement with water protection. MicroSD is still possible under a protective tab at the bottom of the set.
    2. Certainly possible. We were counting on trims for vehicle control as an option, but not as gimbal trims. When do you use them?
    3. Sliders on the frame would be OK for non-waterproof setups, but next to impossible with protection, at least not in this size.
    4. We already use a 3 position selector switch for the flight mode, but we can add one if any other function needs it. My personal issue with 3-pos switches is that it's easy to miss the middle position when you are switching over in haste.

Azjeg

Page 212 of 212 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212