Page 207 of 212 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2119

Thread: Let's See Your Ground Station!!

Co-Pilot
    Cary that is the older Iftron receiver which is just a diversity receiver. I have one and it works great. I also have the Clearview in both a 1.3 and the 5.8 model. To get the 100 % effect of the Clearview you should use to similar antenna and pointed the same way if directional. They have now stated that you can do something like the clover pepper box combo and it will work but won’t get as much of the Clearview effect as two similar antennas.
    Most of the money I made this year I spent on FPV,the rest I just wasted.

Great, thanks for the reply. I have their 5.8 pro with their 2 Vitennas and it works great. have since gone 1.3 and looking at CV again. My style of flying is mainly directional. May go the Pepperbox - Cloverleaf route.

Any video showing this receiver in use ? Would like to see before purchasing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Pond View Post
    When using the ClearView 1.3 receiver, do you still have to use two antennas ? See on your GS you are using the Pepperbox and Ultra blue beam ?

On their 5.8 system, they state that the antennas both should be of the same type. Is this true for the 1.3 system ? Like the simplicity of your GS and would like to go the same route.

Cary
    WOW nice clean set up!

Just recently built this set up myself,cant wait for the weather in the PNW to clear up, come on Mother Nature throw me a bone
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4472.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	77910

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnG View Post
    Just recently built this set up myself,cant wait for the weather in the PNW to clear up, come on Mother Nature throw me a bone
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4472.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	77910

Shawn:

Like your system you have put together. Mine is similar, using the crosshair antenna instead of the pepperbox. Are you using the Mad mushroom omni ? Can't see it on top of the right receiver. Know what you saying about waiting for good weather to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Pond View Post
    Shawn:

Like your system you have put together. Mine is similar, using the crosshair antenna instead of the pepperbox. Are you using the Mad mushroom omni ? Can't see it on top of the right receiver. Know what you saying about waiting for good weather to fly.
    Thank you, I'm using Patch antenna on front and currently have stock Dipole on the right RX, debating on VAS Airblade or the VAS Bluebeam, just want to make sure I am nowhere near anybody else for reception. Very few people run the VAS Airblade around here so that might give me a better chance.

Question for you guys, if I do go the route of Airblade on my aircraft and one on the receiver on the ground station will the patch antenna which i dont know if it is RHCP or LHCP receive the signal from aircraft fine.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ShawnG; 28th December 2017 at 08:55 PM.

Question for you guys, if I do go the route of Airblade on my aircraft and one on the receiver on the ground station will the patch antenna which i dont know if it is RHCP or LHCP receive the signal from aircraft fine.

Thanks!
    There are linear polarized patch antennas and circular. It depends on what you have. Post it up and we'll figure it out. If it's circular, same polarization is best, but it will work if it's the opposite, providing no one else is flying with you on that orientation. If it's linear, you will have a -3dbi penalty off the bat for mixing circular and linear, but it will generally work fine.

If you're looking for a long range circular setup, the best you're going to do is a mad mushroom or airblade if you're left for close in - up to 2 miles, and a pepperbox for anything out to about 20 miles, depending on your power level, resident noise floor, tx antenna and cleanliness of placement / interference both on the aircraft and on the ground. If you're looking for a linear long range setup, a yagi and a standard dipole (for close in) is going to get you the furthest. You can do patches as well, but generally you want one Omni directional antenna for close in - all around you flying, and one directional antenna, for reaching out.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    There are linear polarized patch antennas and circular. It depends on what you have. Post it up and we'll figure it out. If it's circular, same polarization is best, but it will work if it's the opposite, providing no one else is flying with you on that orientation. If it's linear, you will have a -3dbi penalty off the bat for mixing circular and linear, but it will generally work fine.

If you're looking for a long range circular setup, the best you're going to do is a mad mushroom or airblade if you're left for close in - up to 2 miles, and a pepperbox for anything out to about 20 miles, depending on your power level, resident noise floor, tx antenna and cleanliness of placement / interference both on the aircraft and on the ground. If you're looking for a linear long range setup, a yagi and a standard dipole (for close in) is going to get you the furthest. You can do patches as well, but generally you want one Omni directional antenna for close in - all around you flying, and one directional antenna, for reaching out.

Scott
    Thank you for the reply my post #2065 is what I have, on the front of it all is a L-Com patch antenna on one RX for getting out there and then I have a dipole for in close on the other RX. If I we're to put an Airblade on the plane and one on the GS would the patch antenna and Airblade on the plane play nice with each other?

Thanks,
    ShawnG

Thank you for the reply my post #2065 is what I have, on the front of it all is a L-Com patch antenna on one RX for getting out there and then I have a dipole for in close on the other RX. If I we're to put an Airblade on the plane and one on the GS would the patch antenna and Airblade on the plane play nice with each other?

Thanks,
    ShawnG
    They'd be fine, but like you said, you're not sure if it's r or l, and if you're not sure of that, then you may not be sure if it's even circular. A circular on the plane and linear on the ground will incur a 3db loss, but beyond that will function properly. A mix in circular polarization (l & r) will actually work, providing no one else is flying near you on a similar channel with the correct polarization. In general though, you want to fly the correct polarization, so you should look into finding out what it is. I'll go look at your post now and see if I can figure it out.

Scott

Looked at the post - I've got no idea what that is on the piece of particle board. Have a front shot? Are there any markings on it? A number or anything?
    Last edited by Hoss; 29th December 2017 at 03:06 AM.

Page 207 of 212 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 ... LastLast