www.immersionrc.com

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ImmersionRC introduces the iTelemetry Dongle

Forum Member
    But if you're using say an ezosd all that osd info will be recorded from the goggles how is the info from the dongle being recorded? Doesn't that go to the app on your phone or iPad and map everything out?

Forum Member
    There is no info from the dongle , the info is embedded in the recording on the dvr , you then play back that video through the DVR , through the AV out on the goggles to the dongle , and through it ,to the phone to find your downed plane.

This is all for the "after the flight " situation , you do it the same way "but live"(straight from built in Rx) to see it in real time
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Forum Member
    Ahh got ya. Ok. Could it be used with the TBS Groundstation ?

Forum Member
    If you are using a EZOSD in the plane , then its possible , as long as the TBS has a way to get the audio out live to the dongle , then cant see why not.
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Forum Member
    Yes, you can use the TBS GS to receive the audio signal for GPS. I had a goggle connected to it and had my earphone plugged to hear it. You should be able to hear bunch of beeps on the audio.

Forum Member
    Looks cool !! But what a name?? A Dongle !!! Perhaps some legal issues may arise if used in conversation with the wrong person. Oh My!! Your wife seemed to like my Dongle!? My Dongle was getting rather hot at the field today!! Want to see my Dongle ? I'll sell you my Dongle for $20.
    Last edited by ZACATTACK; 28th August 2014 at 08:32 AM.

Forum Member
    I have the EZOSD with iTelemetry dongle. I am having trouble getting telemetry to work on a consistent basis on the smartphone or computer. I emailed Immersion and got a response which really did not help. I have copy/pasted my email to them with their response below. Hopefully someone will see this thread that can help me. Thanks.

Hi Joel,

For your phone you need the iTelemetry Dongle, for your PC you need to make sure you use the right audio channel and feed that into the line input of the PC, a mic input will not work as the signal will overdrive it. Also, speaking of mics, you cannot have a mic on the same, right, audio channel on your model as that will distort the telemetry.

--
    Best Regards,
    Sander Sassen
    info@immersionrc.com

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 4:12 PM UTC, Joel S. West <bigtexx@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Hello,

My name is Joel West. I recently purchased and installed your EZOSD system from getFPV.com. The OSD works well through my Fatshark Attitude goggles, but I am having issues with telemetry. I called the seller first, but they said they have not actually used this equipment so they could offer no support. I have tried using telemetry both on my Windows 7 laptop and my Android Samsung GS3 phone. I am using the Android telemetry dongle with the phone. I am connecting the phone or computer into Fatshark Attitude goggles. I would like to explain what it is doing and get some help getting it to work correctly.

Issues Using with Phone

I tried using 3p audio cable through both the headphone jack and A/V out jack on goggles.
    I tried using 4p A/V cable through both the headphone jack and A/V out jack on goggles.
    I found that the 4p A/V cable connected to the A/V out on the goggle gives me better waveform on the diagnostic tab.
    I get more bad packets of data than good packets by 20:1.
    Sometimes the data is wrong showing me in a whole different country.
    If I rotate the screen it just zeros out all the information.
    The record button is always grayed out, so I cannot record.
    At best, on a good day, I may get 1 accurate update every 1-2 minutes. Definitely not live info.

Issues Using with Computer

I have found that it does not matter whether I use a 3p audio or 4p A/V cable.
    It does not matter if I connect to the headphone out or A/V out jack on the goggles.
    The results are the same with all above configurations.
    I always plug the other end of the cable to microphone in on the laptop.
    I can hear the telemetry audio coming in through computer.
    On the computer, I get more good packets of data than bad packets, but I usually don't get any packets at all.
    I have found that if I push a menu button on the OSD, the telemetry gets a little louder and will transmit a few packets of data, then stop again.
    The only way to keep a steady stream of data transmission is to continuously press buttons on the OSD which is obviously not an option while flying.
    I have ensured that audio is on the right channel and that settings on the computer and OSD show normal telemetry.

My intention for using telemetry was both for flight reconstruction and recovery of lost model. Recovery of lost model being most important. Without a constant live stream of accurate information this will not be a reliable option. I know this is a lengthy email, but any help is much appreciated.

Thank You
    Joel S. West
    Alabama, USA

Forum Member
    Hi,
    I can't seem to get my iPhone 5 to get any signal from the dongle or even the NGhobbies version released a long while ago.
    I have it working with my iPhone 3GS though. Any ideas??? could it be an Apple update to the iPhone 5???

Forum Member

No luck with immersion telemetry dongle

I really like the concept of the dongle and phone but I have not been able to get it to work. I have an EZOSD with a 1.3 Tx from GETFPV.com so its not plug and play. I have not received even 1 good packet of telemetry information. I tried android and iPhone. I think the pin out from the receiver audio output to the headphone jack is off. I have the cable that came with my Fat Shark Attitude goggles. Do I need to make a cable or buy one someplace online? does anyone know what parts to get and how to make a cable?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
    Both these are in the works, the Android app should see an update very shortly.
    Any updates on either of these? I would really love a tiny telemetry to put on a few of my projects to drive antenna tracking but the Tiny telemtry I had before needed 5 minutes or more every time it was started to get sats and a;ways seemed to do a cold boot with the GPS even with just a battery swap.
    Most of the money I made this year I spent on FPV,the rest I just wasted.