Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FPVLR is HIRING NOW!

FPVLR is HIRING NOW!

Hello guys, if you happen to know someone dependable in south florida,
    FPVLR is looking for more employees, as the ones we have are ovrerworked and demand is soaring.
    Here is the relative craigslist posting

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mnu/4587534278.html

Thanks,
    Tony.
    www.fpvlr.com - Home of your favourite Custom FPV antennas.

ah man you should get together with jose at flying cinema...

then both of you hire me lulz

Your CL ad has expired.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    Your CL ad has expired.

Wayne
    Yes is sure has.
    I did hire 2 people, the third one left, his comment was " you guys really work hard here".....

Quote Originally Posted by Kondor-FPV View Post
    I did hire 2 people, the third one left, his comment was " you guys really work hard here".....
    Un-effing-believable... But not suprising.

Worse yet, I am willing to bet you guys are not out working in the hot summer sun either.

A while back I was involved with a company doing point to point wireless networking and we literally had more then one tech making $23 an hour to start, walk off the job because it was "too hot" to work outside in the sun.

Anyhow as a former employer, might I ask, how many applicants did you have to screen through to drill down to the two or three who had the skills and the desire to work the job you where offering?

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    Un-effing-believable... But not suprising.

Worse yet, I am willing to bet you guys are not out working in the hot summer sun either.

A while back I was involved with a company doing point to point wireless networking and we literally had more then one tech making $23 an hour to start, walk off the job because it was "too hot" to work outside in the sun.

Anyhow as a former employer, might I ask, how many applicants did you have to screen through to drill down to the two or three who had the skills and the desire to work the job you where offering?

Wayne
    Hi Wayne,
    I think I got about 20 resumes, of which 10 were "fast learners" 5 were administrative types, like "hot secretary will do anything", so I had to choose among the 5 left which were young kids straight out of college who have never held a screw driver in their hand, but hold a college degree, looking to finally have something on their resume.

Yes, we have a nice air conditioned space, divided in 2 offices with PCs, printers and a 3d printer, and a warehouse space in the back with a laser cutting machine, cnc machines and 3 assembly desks with rework stations and test equipment etc.

What scares people the most is the 8 hours a day of manual building, assembly, and soldering work. They leave at 6pm, and I am still there for 3 more hours.When they leave on Friday, they know I will be there on Saturday and Sunday again, just like I was working today, will be working tomorrow and on Labor DAY.

Kondor, have you thought about trying to hire military vets? We aren't all great, but some of us actually take responsibility seriously. I was an Army guy, but I have to be honest, the former Navy techs I've worked with since ETS'ing have all been very capable and focused guys. The army just taught me to tear shit up...those Navy guys must have had some actual schooling. -- just something to consider maybe.
    "Pretending to know everything closes doors to finding out what's really there..." ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [TBS Discovery, E-Flite UMX Radian, Airfield P-51 (confiscated from destructive brother), Syma X-1, ZMR 250 Carbon w/CC3D, Lanyu ASW-28 ( Flying work in progress - FPV Brain powered soon! ]

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Dirtblender View Post
    Kondor, have you thought about trying to hire military vets? We aren't all great, but some of us actually take responsibility seriously. I was an Army guy, but I have to be honest, the former Navy techs I've worked with since ETS'ing have all been very capable and focused guys. The army just taught me to tear shit up...those Navy guys must have had some actual schooling. -- just something to consider maybe.
    That sounds like a good idea. I'd have to look into it. Definitely I'd feel more at ease with someone who has a good sense of duty. I will specify that Vets are welcome and encouraged to apply the next time I post my ad up.

Tony.

That sounds like a good idea. I'd have to look into it. Definitely I'd feel more at ease with someone who has a good sense of duty.

Tony.
    If you are serious about hiring a vet hit me up next time you need to fill a slot.

There are organizations down here that job bank vets by skill type and I am reasonably sure they will be able to help you out.

BTW they are donation/grant driven so there is no charge to either the employer or applicant for their service.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

What scares people the most is the 8 hours a day of manual building, assembly, and soldering work. They leave at 6pm, and I am still there for 3 more hours.When they leave on Friday, they know I will be there on Saturday and Sunday again, just like I was working today, will be working tomorrow and on Labor DAY.
    That's typical for an SMB owner/operator, far too many people think if a person is self employed they are their own boss, but the reality is the customers become the boss and the more customers one has the more boss's one has.

I learned a long time ago if one wishes to become ones employer, one needs to plan on long days, longer weeks and no real vacations, but with that comes a great sense of worth and if done right a little padding for the wallet.

Wayne
    Last edited by Channel 1; 31st August 2014 at 08:45 AM.
    Everybody loves a bunny.