Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I am disgusted

sorry about that you are correct Channel 1 - I should have said the properly submitted ones will require a response from the agency.

Angry Delay Tactics????

I have submitted my comments several days ago and have the Tracking number that goes along with it...amazing that still it says that that the comment is there ......just not posted yet.. call me paranoid...but it seems to me during this short little period if we can instagram and text and facebook in seconds all day long that these comments should be available immediately for the public to see......all of them....not hidden or waiting for approval. Just my little rant....Its funny today on the news here in Spokane there is a fire not to far from me and....the first thing I heard tonight was "If you see any UAV's or Drones in the area of the fire....Don't be alarmed....TWO of them..(non-specified) have just been approved for the aid and help of containing the fire." REALLY????? Put those fires to rest....save some homes and more importantly...LIVES? But....Its a drone....its evil....what a crock this has turned out to be!
    KF7VSY

Of the people I have spoken with, it seems there is a fair amount of concern about retention of IP addresses and cross referencing available information to use in future litigation. In lay terms: people are afraid they'll get in trouble by posting their concerns with the FAA. Yes, I have voiced my concern. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll do much good.

Man that's what I don't get. The greater portion of us have not done anything wrong....period! Yet...the fear of punishment for voicing a concern,,,knowing your rights and the like. just don't make sense. How many thousands have been spent in the pursuit of the hobby that all of the sudden seems to some, not worth standing up for?
    KF7VSY

Yeah I know...people are scared of their own government. They realize that the authorities can and will take any action against you they see fit and simply "red tape you to death" with legal battles. Nobody wants that. Reading the forums, I've discovered many people are just continuing business as usual, though I have seen a few "fire sales" of hobby gear. Sad to see people give up so easily.

Well....That truly sucks.....It really does.....Hoping for the best for the hanger' in' there's! There are too many good things beyond just the hobby that sbould not be overlooked....I agree with some form of....well.....responsibility for actions....ie....don't do stupid stuff....show respect....you fail at that...there are consequences ....very simple. Its new....the cutting edge....that sort of thing and has goods and bads.....so did the first combustion engine....
    Last edited by wildkat450; 16th July 2014 at 03:10 AM.
    KF7VSY

Exactly. There's a learning curve with any new technology. I'll bet the first car owners weren't amazing at driving either, haha! I mean, people should definitely be held accountable. The idiots flying without regard to safety and laws should get get everything coming to them. Unfortunately, the powers that be have decided to lump everyone together, and are now seeking out all "drone" operators. Its gotten to the point where people are being turned in for flying regular RC aircraft because the public can't see a distinction.

Well...when a few lives get saved, a few lost hikers get found or a missing child, and its gonna happen, somewhere. Hopefully it is one of the good guys that makes it happen...and Ill just say, WHEN it happens I think the media blitz will turn....at least a little in our favor.
    KF7VSY

Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    BTW out of 3,955 comments received by regulations.gov, only 94 have made it to the docket.

This tells me two things, at four thousand comments either FPV is an insignificant hobby or those who are in it have done a very bad job of networking.

Wayne
    I think that's a reasonable number - there are probably not even 10k people in the US who FPV and who are able to reliably and consistently go BVLOS.

You're probably right, Siv. I'm guessing there aren't a huge number of us out there...HOWEVER...people can accidentally fly beyond LOS with a RTF system, which is much worse than doing so under controlled conditions.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast