FPVLAB

Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 LastLast

Thread: Developement of Defiance - fpv airframe

It's coming!!! Soon

D PRO_Quad Handling Test_Flight Video (low res is intentional )

FC CC3D - Libre Pilot_Beginner stock generic settings

3S 1.3Ah 65C

HQ 5045 BN

hope it's not too boring, this was among my first test flights of the D PRO, was just getting a taste of it's flight characteristics.

darn old hq crap, touch a branch and you'r down haha

You gotta love having an absolute central mass..

InnovationMatters

Btw, if interested in being one of the Defiance PRO beta testers check the official D265 thread on rcg!

Best,
    D.
    InnovationMatters

Development of Daxo's Defiance PRO

I wonder....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daxo'sDefiancePRO.png 
Views:	163 
Size:	429.0 KB 
ID:	74020  
    InnovationMatters

This one was taken during those frame handling/crash test flights...

However, this one is just a proto not final.

Name:	DPRO_II.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	491.7 KB 
ID:	74032  
    InnovationMatters

Navigator
    The great thing about both designs is the battery protection.. and simply awesome looks Daxo .. so what are your thoughts for improvement on what you have done so far.. I am thinking we really need a HD Mount attachment to either take the new Runcam mini when released or the New low profile Firefly Q6 Camera.. they both have stabilization abilities so are good options..

M

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

The problem is in the cameras which are not really designed for our requirements.

It's needless to say that either of those two or mobius or GoPro can be fitted to Defiance 265 or Defiance PRO as it's fitted on any other frame.

Yet, I feel that that type of camera fitting is merely work around, even all those 3d gopro/mobius 'protector' cages, workaround not an actual protective camera mounting.

With that in mind, I can easily design some camera mount and claim, there you go, it now has a cam mount and that is up to standards on all other frames but that's not good enough in my book.

I have something in mind for mobius conversion and it might turn out really cool, but again, that's not something practical enough for every flyer, opening the camera and stuff..

Anyway, sorry for the long talk, I will try to make the mount for it since you've asked, but it's really against my design philosophy.

One of thoughts is that crashing should be something to have a good laugh about, not a stressful back thought during flying.

Best,
    D.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcrock View Post
    The great thing about both designs is the battery protection.. and simply awesome looks Daxo .. so what are your thoughts for improvement on what you have done so far.. I am thinking we really need a HD Mount attachment to either take the new Runcam mini when released or the New low profile Firefly Q6 Camera.. they both have stabilization abilities so are good options..

M

Last edited by Daxo; 23rd August 2016 at 11:33 AM.
    InnovationMatters

Navigator
    I have yet to pick up your cine mount to try fitting a mobius into but need some more details on how you went about the whole process on installation..

I know where you are coming from tho.. a mount in the mean time tho would be cool.
    Even if it was a tpu one.

M

Tell you what M,

first I'll finish what I've started, deliver the definition of vertical horizontal hybrid design and make it available.

First thing after, I'll start working on a HD cam mount from standard plain one till I refine a better one, sounds good?

I just hope things will align this time and I'll be able to push the envelope what one gets for the price.

We'll see, not very optimistic about that but that's not gonna stop me to try one more time.

Best,
    D.
    Last edited by Daxo; 24th August 2016 at 12:51 PM. Reason: typo
    InnovationMatters

Gosh, I forgot to mention something that might cheer you up in regards to the mobius conversion thing.

Unlike D265, D PRO doesn't need external protective Lens cage, the plan is to make it be a 'co-pilot' to the main fpv cam, however one needs to not try to do things like in regular car but rather, start thinking of how to build a sport car, hence the PRO.

Strip down, only necessary and even then a wise component fitting and weight distribution consideration..

Hope it makes sense, guess I can demonstrate once I get to that...
    InnovationMatters

Was asked about the FC placement in another thread so I guess I can share a bit about it in here as well.

The FC is placed in the undercarriage for ease of build and maintenance with full build access without actually disassembling the entire build/frame.

Ofc, it goes without saying that it's possible to place your FC anywhere you want on the frame in any rotation as long as you fly acro/rate.

A photo to showcase the FC thing, mind you, this was a very quick build as I wanted to get the thing in the air for testing ASAP.

Name:	Promaintainnance.png 
Views:	265 
Size:	545.8 KB 
ID:	74053  
    InnovationMatters

Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 LastLast