Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RvOSD G6 vs VectorOSD

Forum Member

RvOSD G6 vs VectorOSD

RvOSD G6 vs VectorOSD
    I know they're both new, but some of you may have already played with these.
    Wondering what you guys think about them, if one is better than the other, why..
    Planning on putting it in a ZII. Both systems seem to be a pretty clean install

Forum Member
    Go with the Vector. Better features, better support.

I have both a Vector and RVOSD.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superevan View Post
    Go with the Vector. Better features, better support.

I have both a Vector and RVOSD.
    Thanks Superevan,
    What features does the Vector have that the Rv doesn't?

Forum Member
    Multi support ( in case one day you get into that) is huge, color osd, both 5 AND 12v output through psu, to name a few. And it may not seem like a big deal now, and isn't a spec but is equally important: support. Eagletree support is top notch, RV is a little rough around the edges.

Forum Member
    Audible alerts, on board GPS logging...

Though to be fair things I can think of that RVOSD has over Vector: upcoming lrs transponder. Which is pretty innovative, but no firm release date.
    Last edited by Superevan; 4th July 2014 at 01:53 PM.

Forum Member
    Here is another viewpoint that all of you are overlooking.

RVOSD has many years of proven pedigree, all most all of the long range fpv flights posted use RVOSD, there is a very good reason why because it is solid and dependable.

Sure the vector has more features but then it's brand new and unproven. You can come back in 2 years when all the vector bugs have been ironed out and then tell me it's better. Until that time it's just a new bit of tech.

Also in my opinion rvosd still reigns supreme when it comes to clarity of the text.

I am looking forward to getting a vector because of its feature set but not until it's been proven in the field.
    Last edited by londonguy; 4th July 2014 at 02:35 PM.

Forum Member
    The is also true, and is why I originally bought rvosd. It was the best osd/autopilot solution on the market, at the time.

For the record, eagletree has plenty of pedigree

Forum Member
    Thanks for the input guys
    There are certain things that make me like ET over RV, but I feel that Alex is active enough in the forums and would probably listen to my(our) requests as he has done so far and may be able to implement in a future update. For example OSD still displayed if camera goes dead/plug comes out/...

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbous View Post
    Thanks for the input guys
    There are certain things that make me like ET over RV, but I feel that Alex is active enough in the forums and would probably listen to my(our) requests as he has done so far and may be able to implement in a future update. For example OSD still displayed if camera goes dead/plug comes out/...
    Vector already does this. And, tbh, Alex is a saint . He's the man behind the man behind the plan. But he is one one man.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superevan View Post
    RV is a little rough around the edges.
    The Vector looks like a nice unit but I have to disagree with you there, RV has always been good to me and I'm very happy with them. They fixed my G5 for free!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast