Thread: Help! I'm Traveling Soon and Gimbal is Freaking Out

Forum Member

Help! I'm Traveling Soon and Gimbal is Freaking Out

Hi guys,

So I took off the gimbal to participate in the "Bolt" challenge and today I put it back on. Now it's doing this:

Worked perfectly before. I've tried calibrating via the onboard button but the blue light just keeps blinking and the gimbal keeps freaking. Pitch/Roll motors are plugged into the correct ports, and the gimbal is built properly. I haven't calibrated via the PC software yet. Can anyone help? I'm traveling overseas tomorrow with my Disco and really want to get this figured out!

Forum Member
    So now I figured out how to calibrate gimbal via the onboard button (I only have to quickly press the button instead of holding it down) but that didn't help my problem. I also just calibrated via the PC software, and that didn't help either.

I am noticing that the motors are making ratchety/jerky type noise (not high pitch, and its happening to both of them). I don't remember this happening when the gimbal was performing optimally.

One last thing, the gimbal only freaks out in the air. When on the ground, it still drifts in jerky motions a lot but it doesn't "freak out" like in the video.
    Last edited by BigEast; 1st July 2014 at 11:25 PM.

Forum Member
    seems you lost the profile settings. try following the steps here to reset it to factory defaults:
    http://team-blacksheep.freshdesk.com...ault-settings-

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    seems you lost the profile settings. try following the steps here to reset it to factory defaults:
    http://team-blacksheep.freshdesk.com...ault-settings-
    Thanks Trappy. Do you think I lost the profile settings by holding down the Gimbal Calibration button on the Disco?

I actually managed to get the gimbal working again by switching out the long bolts that came with the gimbal support with the shorter bolts (I took the gimbal support off a while back but kept the long bolts that it came with in the roll motor). This fixed everything!

I seem to be getting good footage now, but I'll go ahead and reload the profile settings.