Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I learned a valuable lesson today - Read the F**king manual - NAZA Lite

The goggles do nothing! chicken sashimi's Avatar
    Yep, in my experience, GPS mode with thumbs off the sticks in no wind locks the quad in place on all axis.

I'm still not 100% on what behaviour ATT truly imposes on an aircraft.
    I've done all my quad flying in manual until recently, so the NAZA and assisted piloting stuff is all pretty new to me too.

Yes you can fiddle to your hearts content and it will have no impact all the while you have your FS switch set to on (or RTH switch or whatever you want to call it)

Quote Originally Posted by chicken sashimi View Post
    Thanks Tuna for the clarification. I have motor stop set on my ezuhf failsafe.. so if I lose link, she drops... but that's besides the point.

So if you interrupt the RTH sequence by going into GPS mode, she will just GPS lock position until you switch the mode switch? Good to know.
    Can you fiddle with the mode switch while the RTH sequence is taking place, with no adverse behaviour? I haven't tried it yet, but if the RTH sequence is taking place, I would expect me fiddling with the mode switch (gps/att/man) to have no effect on the quad until I disable the RTH sequence.

ATT in my opinion should be called altitude - it maintains height for you so you can drift around in the wind etc. GPS maintains altitude and prevents you drifting around with the wind also.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoTuna View Post
    ATT in my opinion should be called altitude - it maintains height for you so you can drift around in the wind etc. GPS maintains altitude and prevents you drifting around with the wind also.
    I've just been trawling around the interweb and I think I agree with this now.

When I go into ATT mode and thrash the living daylights out of the aileron, rudder and elevator it does stay at the same height. Try and do a fast run and then a fast stop. You'll find that it never loses or gains height. I'm renaming my switch ALT now. :-)
    Until I change my mind again anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by micronflyer View Post
    I was testing my failsafe (RTH) today on my F550 and NAZA Lite.
    I've setup a switch to mix the 3-way mode switch so I can go into failsafe mode whilst in any of the three mode MAN/ATT/GPS.
    What I forgot to read was that when in GPS mode and you exit failsafe you WILL NOT regain control.
    So I was in GPS mode and turned off failsafe. The Hexa did not respond to I dropped the throttle off and nothing happened. I then 'decided' to flick to ATT mode to see if I regained control. Well, I did but unfortunately my throttle was down. Here's the result. It landed nicely near the end but then went up and after that it all went wrong.
    Did that very same thing on my maiden. Also for newbs... Just because your failsafe switch works doesn't mean lost signal, tx failure will return to home. You need a failsafe receiver (not all are) and it's a whole different setup procedure to make that work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12