FPVLAB

Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: FPVLab VIDEO THREAD-11 !!!!!!

Reckless Video Operator squishy's Avatar
    I did something similar last year, it was a lot of fun

Flight Club - "In thrust we trust"

Navigator

City of Glasgow (Scotland) by Air

Was a nice day (for a change) so I decided to cycle in to the city centre with the quadcopter on my backpack and try and get some nice shots. I didn't realise how many cool looking places there was in Glasgow till I started flying around and noticing things.

Filmed from the Finnieston crane, SECC, SSE Hydro, the Clyde Arc (squinty bridge), and heading down the River Clyde to the City Centre, the Renfew Ferry, Glasgow Green, The People’s Palace and many more of Glasgow’s iconic landmarks and sights.

Fly,crash,glue,repeat! Jake Bullit's Avatar
    Hmmmm....
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

FPV Multirotor Finds Missing RC Airplane Lost in Tall Grass

Read all about it: http://bit.ly/T05Ykx
    roswellflighttestcrew.com

Navigator
    Last edited by stuweep; 21st June 2014 at 04:25 PM.
    When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No one has ever collided with the sky.

Navigator
    The videography is very nicely done, but I have to agree with stuweep and Jake Bullit above: you are breaking the rules of just about every civil aviation authority around the world by overflying people, cars, and buildings and bridges; and you are one bad mechanical failure or pilot error away from bringing the authorities down on the rest of us.
    Actually, in the case of two similar flights, one in France and the other in the city of Dallas in the US, a crash wasn't even necessary; the civil aviation authorities pounced on the two pilots for flying over populated city streets without bothering to observe even the most basic commonsense rules of flying. In the case in France, they outlawed further flights in that town, period. And in the case stuweep links above, the pilot flew into a sensitive and forbidden zone without even being aware of it.

This is a good reminder that if we don't fly responsibly, before too long our little hobby is going to be limited to only being able to fly over boring RC airfields in many places around the world. I too love the joys of being able to pop up my quadcopter and fly whenever and wherever I want; but, just as in the real world, you can be a guerilla for only so long before special forces find you and take you down. I believe it's better to push the limits by engaging in active dialogue with the politicians to get them to see us as responsible pilots who want to work with the CAA's of the world. Eventually that will result in legislation that will allow us to fly more or less wherever we want; but in the case of cities, probably with a filed flight plan, some official permissions, and necessary precautions taken.

Navigator
    Another thing to add, There are many people who make a living out of aerial photography using multicopters.

It costs them thousands of pounds to get licensed and insured. They don't take kindly to newbs with Phantoms doing aerial work with no license.

The CAA have worked hard to build a strong legal framework for this kind of industry in the UK. In fact I think it's safe to say that the UK is the fairest jurisdiction in the world at the moment for using SUAs for aerial work.
    This means that they actively enforce the laws they set out. They do look at YouTube videos of people doing stupid things, they do search for unlicensed people advertising aerial photography.

All it takes is for a prop to break, Naza to fail, some pedestrian getting scared, or a licensed company reporting you, and you've got a massive lawsuit against you.
    When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No one has ever collided with the sky.

FPVLab VIDEO THREAD-11 !!!!!!

THREAD #10 here : http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....DEO-THREAD-10-!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MetallDanny View Post
    MULTICOPTER RACING BENELUX

This VID is the eXplanation for the NEXT RACE #3

the Race is 21-6

FOREST-EDITION

The RACE was AWESOME!!
    We got a GREAT Day .. it was PuRE FUN

#1 MetallDanny 00:41.87
    #2 Boris.B 00:51.96
    #3 JaZzman 00:53.27
    #4 Devil31 00:58.87
    #5 JR63 01:05.30
    #6 Big lama 01:08.13
    #7 TopiX 01:20.35
    #8 Atchoo 01:22.10
    #9 LakeField 01:22.96
    #10 SlotRacer 02:00.46
    #11 DNF - HeyUdude - Torquednb - Richard86 (3X CRASH)
    Last edited by SENTRY; 26th June 2014 at 12:51 PM.
    SHENDRONES • TEAM MRP

4th Annual Colorado FPV Meet

For those who might not check the event thread, here's a video on this great FPV meet!

EchelonFPV - Team Based FPV & Formation Flying
    GroundStationTV - FPV Build/Tech Info and Entertainment
    TonkaSummit - The Best Ground Vehicle in FPV!

Navigator

FLITE TEST SUMMIT vs THONAIN STAMPEDE - RACE FPV CAR

Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast