Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagle Tree Vector - Multirotor custom PIDs, settings and user videos.

Eagle Tree Vector - Multirotor custom PIDs, settings and user videos.

Hello fellow Vector multirotor users... This thread is place to post PIDs, custom settings and related info. And of-course, videos of the Vector in use. Feel free to post what you got

When posting, try and list your equipment and settings. Screen shots, frame type, motor, esc and video/radio equipment used...

Welcome to the Naza KILLER
    Last edited by AlaskaRuzz; 31st July 2014 at 02:16 AM.

Equipment used is in the YouTube video description.

Here is my second outing with the Eagle Tree Vector on my Hoverthings Flip Pro. Really excited about how nicely the Vector performs! You'll have to excuse my user-abused FPV camera in the video(miss-repaired lens). I still need to tweak-out the random oscillations but I'm almost there.
    Some of the highlights-
    #1 Really like that I can set a RTH altitude. The RTH speed setting is also a plus. I tested both of these and they worked great.
    #2 I'm very impressed with the GPS. I didn't use the included stand and was worried about interference but had no problem getting quick and solid locks.
    #3 Very happy about the easy of wiring. I had servo connectors on both my FPV camera and my video transmitter so all I had to do was make sure the pins were correct and then plug them in.
    #4 On the tuning side, I have experience with CC3d, Naza, and Naze32, and found that the Vector is going to be a breeze to dial in. Especially due to the fact that I can adjust all the settings with my radio sticks. Love the Advanced PID tuning thats nearly as good as CC3D and Naze32. Overall, I very impressed with the Vector.
    #5 EZUHF RSSI works GREAT with the Vector!!!

Here is my first... PIDs and settings coming soon.

Only a couple things I would like to see.
    #1 The font could be just a bit bigger.
    #2 The max 3D Direct Rates needs to be raised for faster flips and rolls. It's just on the verge of being to slow.(max now is 2.5, I would like to see 3.5)
    #3 I would like the ability to use the gain knob for the Advanced Gains(PIDs), not just the basic gains.

You can see in the video that I was getting some ROLL oscillations. Need to adjust ROLL gains to kill that.

In this video...
    Proportional pitch 36 roll 36 yaw 55
    Integral pitch 4 roll 4 yaw 10
    Derivative pitch 40 roll 40

3D Direct Rates Pitch 2.5 Roll 2.5 Yaw .50

********** SEE VIDEO BELOW FOR UPDATED SETTINGS*********
    Last edited by AlaskaRuzz; 9th July 2014 at 07:37 PM.

Navigator
    Glad you have your Vector working. My Vector will not setup as of today, and have requested help to see how eagletree responds to my request for help. Your rig seems to fly quite well.

Navigator
    Awesome video Alaskaruzz, It made me order my vector a few days back, It will be replacing a openpilot revo for now on a QAV500 with 6s setup, I Finally want the RTH incase something happens..

Navigator
    How well does the vector perform in acro mode? Is it as good as a naze32?

Hoverthings Flip Pro. All tuned up and flying nicely. PIDs including equipment used listed in the Youtube video description. Flown in 3DH(acro/rate/manual).

Last edited by AlaskaRuzz; 9th July 2014 at 07:33 PM.

Hello addikted2boost... Vector performs very well in acro mode(3DH). I haven't had the chance to fly much with naze32 on a larger quad, only minis, so I can't give a true good comparison. Although, I have flow CC3D and Naza on the larger quads and I can say that it's on-par with the CC3D with just a few things lacking such as a higher flip and roll rate. It puts Naza to shame in manual/rate/acro mode. I'm VERY happy with the vector.
    Last edited by AlaskaRuzz; 12th July 2014 at 02:59 PM.

Navigator

First QAV4000+Vector video!

Hi guys!
    Did my first video using a QAV400 with Vector (thanks AlaskaRuzz for triggering me to buy the Vector!) :
    http://youtu.be/dv-LGjMWhZQ

I will upload the settings here also shortly. For the moment I tested some flights with gimbal mounted; and 2D, 3D, loiter and return to home works all good without any throttle issues or any real issues. This flight was in 2D mode, the 3D mode I will start to tune now a bit more with a fixed gopro 3 onboard, feels a bit "loose" and "vobbly" with the gimbal.
    I will try to get the locked in feel first with fixed gopro, and than see if same values works ok with the quickmount gimbal also , or if I need to tweak the values from there, have to see.

The system feels very good and reliable, so did even feel confident for some "over water" flying!
    Last edited by SebastianW; 20th July 2014 at 04:55 PM.

Navigator
    I have truly become a "vector" believer! This is what I dare to do after just a few flights!
    Dalsland-Snäcke - Follow Boat: http://youtu.be/gw3iZOyuWUY

Very nice! I have been working on tuning my qav400 too with and without gimbal. I'll be interested in your settings.
    youtube.com/user/Appelm1
    NEFPV.com

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast