Page 3 of 168 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: FAA Guidance, June 23, 2014

Reckless Video Operator squishy's Avatar
    high 5 dust!
    Flight Club - "In thrust we trust"

So retarded that they think removing the spotter from the equation is somehow helping. LOLOL

FOOOLS
    Live Slow - Fly FAST!

FPV does NOT fly ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Good thing that prohibition does not work.
    You all can be worried, or upset. I however am still the same as I was when I started. Excited about flying, and doing just that.

Words on paper will not stop me from perusing a victemless hobby,the same as they say "you cant smoke weed" or "you cant drive fast." . . .

But I do. period. FREEEDOM!

Where is all of this new enforcement come from? We go out, set up, fly, break down and come home. If they dont find me in the middle of that field or batch of woods WHILE I am flying, there is little chance for them to care enough to track me down. which leaves a 30 min to 2 hour window to find me. I do not talk about upcoming flights, I do not post about when I am going out. Chances are nill.
    Ill take those chances and do what I do, and be who I am. Harm none, Keep on FPV!
    I dropped AMA for similar reasons. Ill drop this crap too. lol
    Well, prohibition does't work totally I'll agree. The FAA info listed says they are trying to angle to make law enforcement more "aware" of the laws... what laws, those they seem to be making up.

The point is no prohibition is better than prohibition and living with it. We aren't criminals so we shouldn't have to be made to seem like some. Not all of us fly at hidden spaces, nor should we have to. Some of us are at parks where it's tolerated, and open spaces where other people in the public frequent, some are on the side of a street over unused lots... we've been doing this for years with no problems of any measurable proportion. I don't intend to allow prohibition just because... to me some things are worth standing up for.
    EchelonFPV - Team Based FPV & Formation Flying
    GroundStationTV - FPV Build/Tech Info and Entertainment
    TonkaSummit - The Best Ground Vehicle in FPV!

Where is all of this new enforcement come from?
    No where, which is why a lot of the handwringing here is BS, the FAA driven, by the Unions and independent pilots associations are the drivers to restrict and license commercial operations of sUAV's, the goal being to cost them out of business.

Hobbyists like yourself are not even being considered, nor will be noticed unless you do something really stupid.

Stay smart and stay free and have a great day.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by squishy View Post
    high 5 dust!
    /highfive ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDave View Post
    Well, prohibition does't work totally I'll agree. The FAA info listed says they are trying to angle to make law enforcement more "aware" of the laws... what laws, those they seem to be making up.

The point is no prohibition is better than prohibition and living with it. We aren't criminals so we shouldn't have to be made to seem like some. Not all of us fly at hidden spaces, nor should we have to. Some of us are at parks where it's tolerated, and open spaces where other people in the public frequent, some are on the side of a street over unused lots... we've been doing this for years with no problems of any measurable proportion. I don't intend to allow prohibition just because... to me some things are worth standing up for.
    i have *always* felt like a criminal, walking on egg shells, having to dally over here, lurk on google earth to scope out flysites, and buy this thing from overseas just to be able to change channels to fly with friends, with the generally negative populations about our crafts,etc etc etc.
    its still never stopped me from enjoying the best hobby ever and encouraging others to do the same.

To me, continuing this in the face of others telling me not to *IS* standing up to them. Im not taking what they say to heart. I am not scared of their threats and law enforcement here thinks this is the coolest thing ever!

FAA is a bully. And the best medicine for a bully, is not to slap them back, but turn them off from existence. To me personally, FAA is just like a child throwing a temper tantrum.
    I do not feed it my energy and will eventually shut the hell up.

Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    Hobbyists like yourself are not even being considered, nor will be noticed unless you do something really stupid.

Stay smart and stay free and have a great day.

Wayne
    My sentiment exactly.
    Last edited by Dust; 23rd June 2014 at 09:18 PM.
    Live Slow - Fly FAST!

FPV does NOT fly ASAP.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    If flying a 2 pound toy via fpv is outlawed, then I guess I'm an outlaw!
    Right on.

FAA is a bully. And the best medicine for a bully, is not to slap them back, but turn them off from existence.
    The ALJ did that.

To me personally, FAA is just like a child throwing a temper tantrum. I do not feed it my energy and will eventually shut the hell up.
    You have no choice, you will have fed the beast each and every time and you see the difference between what you earned and what you get to take home, once paid for your work.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

I think everything I said in my blog here:
    http://www.techenstein.com/faa-comes...odel-aircraft/
    has been covered in this thread already, but read anyway.
    Not sure if anyone else mentioned the commercial vs hobby aspect. This FAA memo shuts down all factory sponsored team pilots, as well as casual paid model flight instructors, both of which are not a problem but can be affected by this memo.

I am litterally pissed about this. Already spoke with my AMA rep.

Co-Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by durangoflyer View Post
    I can only speculate what it might take for us to legally fly BVLOS FPV at that point.
    Only two things:

1. a license
    2. the payment of money

There have been similar moves mooted around here and it looks *very* much as if they're motivated by the incumbent commercial aviation operators' desire to protect their patch. They don't want new entrants coming along with a few hundred dollars worth of "drone" and doing jobs that the full-size community charge thousands of dollars per hour to perform.

Since it's the commercial operators who pay the majority of fees to the airspace administrator -- they have lot$ of clout when it comes to the formulation of new rules and regulations. It's only natural that the regulator will want to keep their ca$h-cow commercial operators happy and one very easy way to do this is to protect them by making licenses and fees mandatory for any non LOS flying of models/drones.

Remember... once the bureaucracy get involved, it's no longer about safety -- it's about money and protecting the "well-connected" :-(

I believe this is the same all over the world.

Does this mean that fatshark will not be allowed to sell video goggles?

Page 3 of 168 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast